Thread: F.E.A.R. Sequels Announced

Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Monolith is preparing the ground for sequels to F.E.A.R., Top MegaGame of 2005, which will not carry the same name as the original title as Vivendi owns the rights to the acronym. If the publisher does decide to use the F.E.A.R. name it will not be able to include the characters as they are the property of Monolith and its owners, Warner Brothers.

Monolith has announced that it is hiring people, lots of them, in order to continue working on the sequel to F.E.A.R. and by the nature of the positions advertised it is evident that the company is targeting next-generation consoles as well as PC this time round. Monolith has expressed its interest in sticking with PC and not producing any console exclusives and Samantha Ryan, president of Monolith Productions said, We believe that the PC audience is entirely viable and can support a game just as it did support F.E.A.R. To deliver the best quality title, the PC needs to be a focus. We believe that next-gen will also be awesome, but again, it has some differences and this is the approach that we're going to try.

Although the sequel will feature the same universe gamers enjoyed in F.E.A.R. and the same characters, the game will have a different title to the original game as Vivendi, F.E.A.R. publisher, owns the rights to the name.
    Monolith has not announced the title it plans to use or any dates regarding the sequel.

Vivendi on the other hand is currently rumored to be working on an XBox 360 port of F.E.A.R. although it is possible that a third party is involved in developing the port and not Monolith itself. It is unlikely that Vivendi would decide to use the title for other new F.E.A.R. games as the association would probably prove damaging to the effort.

Expect more news about the F.E.A.R. sequel later this year since it is too soon to expect any details to surface at E3 2006.
    Cant wait

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

2. Games   -   #2
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Kickass!!

3. Games   -   #3
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Dunno... not really thrilled about another one

4. Games   -   #4
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Fuck ueah motherfuckers Can't wait. I think im gonna play FEAR again this upcoming weekend. I wonder why monolith won't work Vivendi again . Vivendi has published many high quality fps games, like HL2.

5. Games   -   #5
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    It's a shame they don't just make a new game with the engine. The combat in FEAR was the best in any FPS yet, but the environment was pretty dull. Maybe they'll address that this time.

btw, Top MegaGame of 2005? That's gotta be the lamest name for an award I've ever heard.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by asmithz
    RLY? u were soooooooooooo hyped about the first one lol

7. Games   -   #7
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    I was happy with the demo. Then played the game, it was ok... Great i guess, but I'm just not hyped for a sequal... dunno why

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    I was happy with the demo. Then played the game, it was ok... Great i guess, but I'm just not hyped for a sequal... dunno why
    well i am, the way it left off, left me in suspence....

9. Games   -   #9
    it will be cool.
    Great game "fear", only got it two weeks ago, very smooth.
    Bou't time I put my graphics card to some use, been very lucky so far with the choice of games.
    one to keep.
    The idiosyncratic syntax of riddles interests me

10. Games   -   #10
    Hairbautt's Avatar *haircut
    F.E.A.R. was the best FPS I ever played, they got my money for the second fer sure.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Last edited by Alien5; Jun 6th, 2006 at
    06:36 PM..