Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cfos Dsl "driver" Boost P2p Speed

MaxAndig
    If you are on DSL you probably use the Schlabbach driver to connect via your Ethernet card to the DSL modem as I did until yesterday.

Now the leading German computer magazine c`t has tested the most used DSL drivers and found out, that your DSL speed will break in as soon as your connection is under heavy load. That means if you are downloading AND uploading at the same time as with P2P (e. g. Kazaa).

The only "driver" which holds up your speeds is the new cFos v5.04. I will not explain the technical details here. But this driver measures your actual connection line data and then modifies the transmitting priority of some special packets according to the measurement results.

If you already use the pastpath option on DSL and want to really use the benefits of your fast ping, you should try this cFos "driver". Installation is very easy and you can keep your former Schlabbach driver as well. The trial period is 45 days.

If the trial period is too short for you: I found a patch (for Win 9x/ME and 2k/XP) in Kazaa. Search for "cFos"...

I personally don`t use all the other options (ISDN, firewall...) as I am not convinced of that. But the DSL driver is full working and speeds up Kazaa a lot. If you don`t use pastpath the advantage will be not so tremendously high.

I like it very much although I`m a Schlabbach fan.

Edit:

Where to find the cFos driver: www.cfos.de/index2_e.htm

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I use ADSL and when I first downloaded and installed the latest version,it pops up a message saying that it may cost money or something like that,I thought it was free.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    MaxAndig
    @Crack_man

Use of cFos v5.04 is only free for the first 45 days after installation. As I said before: There is a trial period of 45 days...

I did not test, what`s happening after this period. But if you had installed an older cFos version before, then there might be a hidden key somewhere which is recognizing the end of you prior trial period.

But I think you now yourself how to look for a file called cFos_v5_04_cr.rar

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Originally posted by MaxAndig@23 April 2003 - 14:10
    @Crack_man

Use of cFos v5.04 is only free for the first 45 days after installation. As I said before: There is a trial period of 45 days...

I did not test, what`s happening after this period. But if you had installed an older cFos version before, then there might be a hidden key somewhere which is recognizing the end of you prior trial period.

But I think you now yourself how to look for a file called cFos_v5_04_cr.rar
    Still canīt find the patch,can you make a sig2dat harsh for it.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    MaxAndig
    I try to make it still a little bit more simple.

Sometimes I look around in the www and search in crackzdotws. I think this will be the limit as the rules of our forum do not allow to post any c*a**s.

Hope you can extend your trial period.

Good luck!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Thank you,I found it but I have to admit that it took me some time to know figure out what you mean by you last post.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    I am not sure to use it after all cuz the warning which pops up after installation doesnīt mention that it will cost AFTER the trial is over,here is the warning which pops up:

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    It works great i use ADSL and its improved speed

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    MaxAndig
    @Crack_man

lol now I understand what you mean!

Don`t worry, that popup message is only to meet German law... It will clarify that if you connect to your ISP by the new established connection you will have to pay your ISP for it. You will _not_ to have to pay for any additional costs because of using this cFos way of connection to the net. You will never see that popup again.

But that`s normal. Connecting to the www is not free! Even if you have a flatrate you have to pay for it every month

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Thanx for clearing that up for me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast