View Poll Results: Do you have TiVo?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

0 0%
  • No (choose this option if you have an alternative product that does the same sort of thing).

19 100.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you have TiVo?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I wish they'd make one with 3 or 4 tuners though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Nope.

I dumped it when Time Warner came out with their PVR's. It does more than TiVo and costs only $7/month. (£5,710).

yo

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Nope.

I dumped it when Time Warner came out with their PVR's. It does more than TiVo and costs only $7/month. (£5,710).
    I have the same as you probably although I have Comcast.

I have a Motorola DCT 6412 Series II. It has a 2-tuner DVR with HD.

I'm trying to find out if I can get a Series III which has more recording time and a SATA connector.

HD shows take up more memory and I like alot of TV shows.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Nope.

I have the same as you probably although I have Comcast.

I have a Motorola DCT 6412 Series II. It has a 2-tuner DVR with HD.

I'm trying to find out if I can get a Series III which has more recording time and a SATA connector.

HD shows take up more memory and I like alot of TV shows.
    Tell the you want to switch out out or you'll cancel your cable. Works every time.

yo

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Until I started tivoing shows, I really didn't get to watch them as much.

Since all the shows I watch are American, I just tivo them.

Now if you are overseas or don't have the money for tivo then downloading everything makes perfect sense.

Another thing is that many of my shows are in HD and I watch them on a big screen.

I watch

CSI
    CSI: Miami
    CSI: New York
    The Shield
    Lost
    Rescue Me
    BSG
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Masters Of Horror
    Boondocks
    Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel
    The 4400
    The Dead Zone
    Monk
    The Daily Show
    Criminal Minds
    Invasion
    Surface
    Medium
    Supernatural
    Real Time With Bill Maher
    Wanted
    The L Word
    Drawn Together
    Family Guy
    60 Minutes
    The Equalizer
    American Dad
    Prison Break
    PTI
    Numb3rs
    The Sopranos
    Big Love
    Weeds
    Thief
    The B-Side
    The Wire
    and usually a movie on StarzHD and HBOHD (at the same time) on Saturday night.

Now these shows are from different season and stuff but if I download them I must wait longer, I have to encode them to watch them on my big screen and they probably won't be in HD.

I like my HD. It puts regular TV (and DVD) to shame.

I also don't mind breaks in the season 'cause sometimes my hard drive gets filled (HD takes more space) and have to delete 'cause I didn't have time to watch certain shows.

Stuff gets repeated so I tivo it later. This happened when our power went out recently. The show I wanted came on 2 days later. No rush.

Now I can understand a non-American downloading all the time if they watch alota American TV since it's the only way you'll get it unless you're TV schedule is behind ours for a certain show (like Lost).

I downloaded Dr. Who like that but won't do it again.

I'll just wait for the second season to come on cable. There's no rush unless there isn't shit to watch and I have too much to watch already.

I wonder how many folks on here watch there downloads on a monitor. I did that with Babylon 5 at my old house (all 5 seasons, the movies, and Crusade).
    It was comfortable since I had my futon in my office and I could lay down and watch.

Now I wouldn't think of watching on a computer monitor nor encode all that shit so I can watch on my big screen.

It just ain't worth it.

I deliberately wait for something in HD if possible. If I see a movie I might wanna watch (Life Aquatic is a perfect example), I'll wait 'till it's on an HD channel. There's other shit to watch in the meantime.
    Yeah, my dad has the same hang-ups as you about watching TV "strangely". He has to sit in his comfy chair with the big screen, his list of preferenced programs being as uninspired and insular as yours. Maybe I'll be the same when I'm 50.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-11-2006 at 12:09 AM.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Until I started tivoing shows, I really didn't get to watch them as much.

Since all the shows I watch are American, I just tivo them.

Now if you are overseas or don't have the money for tivo then downloading everything makes perfect sense.

Another thing is that many of my shows are in HD and I watch them on a big screen.

I watch

CSI
    CSI: Miami
    CSI: New York
    The Shield
    Lost
    Rescue Me
    BSG
    Stargate SG-1
    Stargate Atlantis
    Masters Of Horror
    Boondocks
    Real Sports With Bryant Gumbel
    The 4400
    The Dead Zone
    Monk
    The Daily Show
    Criminal Minds
    Invasion
    Surface
    Medium
    Supernatural
    Real Time With Bill Maher
    Wanted
    The L Word
    Drawn Together
    Family Guy
    60 Minutes
    The Equalizer
    American Dad
    Prison Break
    PTI
    Numb3rs
    The Sopranos
    Big Love
    Weeds
    Thief
    The B-Side
    The Wire
    and usually a movie on StarzHD and HBOHD (at the same time) on Saturday night.

Now these shows are from different season and stuff but if I download them I must wait longer, I have to encode them to watch them on my big screen and they probably won't be in HD.

I like my HD. It puts regular TV (and DVD) to shame.

I also don't mind breaks in the season 'cause sometimes my hard drive gets filled (HD takes more space) and have to delete 'cause I didn't have time to watch certain shows.

Stuff gets repeated so I tivo it later. This happened when our power went out recently. The show I wanted came on 2 days later. No rush.

Now I can understand a non-American downloading all the time if they watch alota American TV since it's the only way you'll get it unless you're TV schedule is behind ours for a certain show (like Lost).

I downloaded Dr. Who like that but won't do it again.

I'll just wait for the second season to come on cable. There's no rush unless there isn't shit to watch and I have too much to watch already.

I wonder how many folks on here watch there downloads on a monitor. I did that with Babylon 5 at my old house (all 5 seasons, the movies, and Crusade).
    It was comfortable since I had my futon in my office and I could lay down and watch.

Now I wouldn't think of watching on a computer monitor nor encode all that shit so I can watch on my big screen.

It just ain't worth it.

I deliberately wait for something in HD if possible. If I see a movie I might wanna watch (Life Aquatic is a perfect example), I'll wait 'till it's on an HD channel. There's other shit to watch in the meantime.
    Yeah, my dad has the same hang-ups as you about watching TV "strangely". He has to sit in his comfy chair with the big screen, his list of preferenced programs being as uninspired and insular as yours. Maybe I'll be the same when I'm 50.
    In the above quote, post a strikethrough of the shows that you have seen that you think suck.

Tbh honest though, I never watched that many TV shows though before tivo.

The main show I recorded every time with a VCR was 24 (forgot what season)and I always just turned to Fox before going to play b-ball at around 7pm so it ended up getting some syndicated comedies, then Idol, then 24.

That season of Idol (down to the last 16 people) with big fat Ruben was the only time I watched just about every time.

Tivo just allowed me to easily watch anything I even thought about watching and do it with absolutely no hassle.
    I just go and select it.
    Hell I just started watching PTI 2 weeks ago on a regular and it's been on forever. I've done work at Atlantic Video at 7th and Mass Av.(where it's recorded for ESPN) numerous times and never thought of watching it before.
    Weird that Atlantic Video is also located in a secure government facility.

I'd gladly switch to a PC PVR but right now the software sucks ass.

I thought the second season of Dr. Who started already over there but now I see it doesn't start 'til April.

As far as sitting in a comfy chair in front of the big screen, who wouldn't want to?

Do you watch TV on a Palm Pilot while sitting in a spiked chair?

Big screens are noice for watching the footie. Even better in HD.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-11-2006 at 01:20 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

Big screens are noice for watching the footie.
    That point I will agree with you. For a footie match I'll go to the pub for the big screen, I shall be living in the pub this World Cup (again).

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese

Big screens are noice for watching the footie.
    That point I will agree with you. For a footie match I'll go to the pub for the big screen, I shall be living in the pub this World Cup (again).
    Yeah before I had a big screen we always went to Damon's restaurant for drinks and football (usually after we played basketball ).

The Damon's above has a shitty layout. The one I went to had no obstruction in front of the tables near the TVs and you switch the sound at your table to whatever screen you are watching. Most of the bench seats were further back.

Now I want Damon's in my house.

Right now I'm pricing materials for a nice bar in the basement (with surrounding wood floor) and looking for a decent card table.

I like having lots of people over. My home is my castle and all o dat shit.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #19
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    What do I get the feeling if I bought it ,there would still be nothing on tv worth watching ? I have Shaw on demand that does n't seem so bad . I can pay for view a movie then pause or rewind like a dvd , tape it or watch for 24 hours for about $3.99 cnd. a movie .
    Last edited by peat moss; 03-11-2006 at 03:00 AM.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    What do I get the feeling if I bought it ,there would still be nothing on tv worth watching ? I have Shaw on demand that does n't seem so bad . I can pay for view a movie then pause or rewind like a dvd , tape it or watch for 24 hours for about $3.99 cnd. a movie .
    Yeah I have On Demand. I use it every once and awhile.

I NEVER use PPV. I'll dl a movie or rent it before doing that.

As far as what's worth watching, my list is not including and special or TV shows I might have left out.

There are certain shows that are MUST HAVES.

24, The Shield, Prison Break, Lost, Invasion, Medium, Supernatural, BSG, Sopranos...............

There's plenty to watch.

After one week of leaving TV alone, you go to your TV menu and may find how much you have to watch overwhelming.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-11-2006 at 03:27 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast