Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Rambo Granny of Melbourne, Australia

vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Well, then.

We seem to have established that the Granny from Melbourne, Australia, avenged her grand-daughter's honor and saved her from an unwanted pregnancy forced upon her remotely by the American state of South Dakota, which inconvenience would have somehow lawfully required her to relocate there for the sole purpose of lending propriety and credibility to vid's post?

Hooooooookay.

DEPORT HER TO AMERICA -- WE NEED HER!!!

Now I agree with her idea but I want it done with a blowlamp and after a fair trial. However this punishes the rapist while S.D. (has to be a conservative thing because the democrats tried to put a rape and incest exception in, the republicans wouldn't allow it) wants to punish the victim as well.... She was probably asking for it, the hussie

Still, in some parts of the world the rape victim would be stoned to death "because she didn't fight the rapist off" thus allowed herself to be raped and is just as guilty.

But I guess the subject of rape is unconnected unless it's in Australia

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

Well, then.

We seem to have established that the Granny from Melbourne, Australia, avenged her grand-daughter's honor and saved her from an unwanted pregnancy forced upon her remotely by the American state of South Dakota, which inconvenience would have somehow lawfully required her to relocate there for the sole purpose of lending propriety and credibility to vid's post?

Hooooooookay.
    Since it's been established that vid's post was a what-if scenario really having nothing to do with Granny anymore and simply serving as a segway to the question at hand, we will assume that you cannot answer or will not answer. Oh that's right you need an actual question and question mark.

Oh, FFS-

Vid magically concocts a question that doesn't exist, and you somehow divine that he has indeed asked a question, and presume to demand an answer?

How many mushrooms did you take?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Vid magically concocts a question that doesn't exist

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Well, then.

We seem to have established that the Granny from Melbourne, Australia, avenged her grand-daughter's honor
    Just wondering, if we accept the avenging of her grand-daughter's honor, than mustn't we also accept the killings of young women whos very own families killed them to maintain the honor of the family?

Just last year, wasn't there a small "spree" in Germany were somewhere like 7 or 8 women were murdered by male family members because they were shamed by the women and their desire to live more western lifestyles?

Edit:Just a silly little statement made by one of the men who killed his relative, "the whore lived like a German".
    Last edited by HeavyMetalParkingLot; 02-26-2006 at 01:54 AM.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Vid magically concocts a question that doesn't exist
    Exactly.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26

Exactly.
    Does any question exist until it's asked

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot

Well, then.

We seem to have established that the Granny from Melbourne, Australia, avenged her grand-daughter's honor
    Just wondering, if we accept the avenging of her grand-daughter's honor, than mustn't we also accept the killings of young women whos very own families killed them to maintain the honor of the family?

Just last year, wasn't there a small "spree" in Germany were somewhere like 7 or 8 women were murdered by male family members because they were shamed by the women and their desire to live more western lifestyles?

Edit:Just a silly little statement made by one of the men who killed his relative, "the whore lived like a German".

Granny didn't kill her grand-daughter out of some misbegotten idiotic cultural contempt for women.

I would say her assessment as to who committed the moral trespass was bereft of the hypocrisy demonstrated in the instance(s) you've cited, HMPL.

With a nod toward your apparent intent to decry the taking of life in a general way, of course.

I rather think Granny would take out after these miscreant relatives...

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28

Exactly.
    Does any question exist until it's asked
    Not in my experience.

Did you ask a question?

Did Busyman?

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    hamm's Avatar evil piggy
    While I realize HMPLs post compares apples to cucumbers, I still don't believe Granny should get off without punishment.

After all, it's not as if she herself was the victim of the rapists - in which case I could possibly empathise a little more. But going off half-cocked <pun> and shooting her adult granddaughter's attackers was in no way justified.

She should have let the authorities handle the situation.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by hamm
    While I realize HMPLs post compares apples to cucumbers, I still don't believe Granny should get off without punishment.

After all, it's not as if she herself was the victim of the rapists - in which case I could possibly empathise a little more. But going off half-cocked <pun> and shooting her adult granddaughter's attackers was in no way justified.

She should have let the authorities handle the situation.
    Well, as I said, I believe she should be punished too.

I also said I'd be hard-put to avoid a large grin if they gave her a miss.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast