Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Jacc Marketing - Blue Ice UK LTD info

Cheers guys, sounds like a bunch of shite to me! So will not attend the interview today, they really should change the contents of the job descriptions they put up smh! Jacc Marketing thats what they are known as, but on another job site they posted up as Blue Ice Ltd Uk lol.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by NewEra View Post
    Jacc Marketing thats what they are known as, but on another job site they posted up as Blue Ice Ltd Uk lol.
    Really? How puerile. They don't sound very professional at all.

You should certainly give them a wide berth.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #63
    Chip Monk's Avatar Darth Monk Like.
    :n00bharshness: now.

This man has no limits
    You do not need to see my I.D.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I wish I worked for a company what had "lol" in their name.

Preferably one what scammed people.

Ending every reply to a complaint letter with a lol ftw.

5. Lounge   -   #65
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    I may start doing that in all my correspondence

lol ftw

6. Lounge   -   #66
    Recently graduated with a high honours from uni... Based on that long post from the guy stating what the job really involves, there's no way im puting myself through that. I've worked my ass off at uni and high school - and they are trying to offer a so called graduate job where they chuck me in the streets to sell some cheap-ass product...Screw that!

Got the call this morning...they offered me an interview for tomorrow. Said they would email me the info - if i dont get it, good... If I do get it, should i just not bother showing up/contacting them or should i phone with an excuse (offered a job elsewhere etc).

Would have been my first interview so it's all new to me still. On a side-note, any of you Scot's know of any decent places I can write to, to see if they have any open IT/Computing positions available? Been using S1Jobs mostly - applied for upwards of 40 positions and heard nothing from anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #67
    Quote Originally Posted by URGonex View Post
    Recently graduated with a high honours from uni... Based on that long post from the guy stating what the job really involves, there's no way im puting myself through that. I've worked my ass off at uni and high school - and they are trying to offer a so called graduate job where they chuck me in the streets to sell some cheap-ass product...Screw that!

Got the call this morning...they offered me an interview for tomorrow. Said they would email me the info - if i dont get it, good... If I do get it, should i just not bother showing up/contacting them or should i phone with an excuse (offered a job elsewhere etc).

Would have been my first interview so it's all new to me still. On a side-note, any of you Scot's know of any decent places I can write to, to see if they have any open IT/Computing positions available? Been using S1Jobs mostly - applied for upwards of 40 positions and heard nothing from anyone.
    What subject is your high honours in, that would presumably have some bearing on the type of job you wished to apply for.

Oh and bit off a tip here, don't use the possessive apostrophe when making a word plural. I know a lot of you chaps think things like that aren't important. However when sifting 350 applications for 1 job it's the sort of thing that puts an employer off. True Story.

8. Lounge   -   #68
    The degree was in Multimedia Technology if that helps... It's basically a course where they teach you a bit of everything in the computer world - hardware, programming, multimedia (love using Macromedia Director - made 3 different applications during uni)... like i said, a bit of everything really.

Would be well suited for a trainee web developer, graphic design etc... problem is they rarely exist and most of the time you need a portfolio with commercial experience.

9. Lounge   -   #69
    Have you tried one of the placement agencies. You go there give them a CV etc and tell them the field you are interested in. They will match you up with employers who are looking for people.

My eldest did that and got offered three jobs on the same day. Not the day he went, that would be too easy. He was given the interviews about a week later, then got all of the letters a few days after that.

Bear in mind that if you do it's important to treat every contact with them as if it's an interview, as that is effectively what it is. They make recommendations to the employers. It's really the first interview and the employer is then only doing a second one to see if they like you.

Doesn't cost anything, as they get paid by the business. The business saves money by only talking to suitable people.

It's well worth giving it a try. If nothing else it should get you some interviews. At worst that gives you practice.

10. Lounge   -   #70
    DeesJob
    Hey all - so glad I found this! They're advertising on all the big sites under the name Blue Ice Limited - found it weird when I couldn't find their website. Check out the ad:

Blue Ice UK LTD is a growing marketing company in London. We work with big brand clients such as Warner Bros, Samsonite and Crayola designed to raise our client's brand name awareness by attracting new customers and exposing their products.
    This approach has led to the tremendous growth of our portfolio, which is where you come in!
    Blue Ice is currently expanding our sales and management teams. All openings are full time and entry level, with growth and compensation being based on personal performance.
    Openings are being filled IMMEDIATELY in the following areas:
    • Sales/ Marketing
    • Customer Service
    • Team Management
    As positions are being filled immediately, it is preferred that candidates are already London based.
    We regret that we will not respond to all applicants; only those selected for preliminary interviews.
    Ref; Marketing

Contact name: Natasha KiziltanTelephone: 0207 614 1230Fax: UnspecifiedEmail: [email protected]

The hotmail address should have given it away! I'm sure Samsonite etc would oppose to that name dropping!

So I'm told I've made it to next level and they book an interview for Monday, and theres a Jacc Marketing link on the confirmation email. I thought I'd check out the site to research them and after seeing a spelling mistake on the homepage alarm bells really started ringing! I Google them and come here - just in time. Will be sending them a short smart email saying I've found work elsewhere. Talk about a let down!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast