Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jacc Marketing - Blue Ice UK LTD info

Does anyone know anything about JACC Marketing ltd eg. who are they? are they a good company to work for? Are they full of it? Had interview and got assessment centre but cant find any info on them anywhere. Their chat about money and stuff just seems bit too good to be true?!!

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Tweedy old crow
    JACC Marketing in Glasgow?

Are they telling you that you're going to be a millionaire and that you'll own your own office?

In that case...
    Run as far away from them as you can.
    I used to work for them, in fact I helped starting up that company and was the first Scottish trainer promoted ( ok, I'm Belgian, but you catch my drift)
    It's commission only, the stuff they sell is substandard to say the least and the manager is a complete and utter wanker.

PS: I have to mention though. They have a sister company called IPG Imports LTD. It's run by a guy called George Kennedy. My boyfriend trained him and he's a really decent guy. They give excellent training and I've seen a few people making it there. If you don't mind doing a commission only job then I think it's worth a try.

They moan at you when you're off ill and the only good manager they had is running an office in Amsterdam now.

If you want to get into sales I'll give you a job. We do the same thing as them. Only... you're not expected to work 14 hours a day.

Sorry... rant over.
    I just really can't stand the owner of that company. We worked together closely for a few months and he's an annoying little fuck
    Last edited by Skweeky1; 03-01-2006 at 11:56 AM.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Don't sugar coat it Skweeks, tell him how you really feel.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Cheers for the heads up skweeky, got the impression it was a lot of shite. Got some other gigs lined up but cheers for the job offer. Thanks again

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Tweedy old crow
    Quote Originally Posted by NikkiD
    Don't sugar coat it Skweeks, tell him how you really feel.

They'll ban me if I do that

I am curious though Bertie... what division is it this time? Direct, flyers or events?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    THIS COMPANY ARE FULL OF CRAP! They advertise as a GRADUATE training programme, promising exceptional training and a wealh of riches. The reality however is so much different.

If you have just completed university and have your heart set on a career selling bric-a-brac to mindless strangers in social clubs, bookies, and lock-up garages for twelve hours per day (under the guise of B2B marketing!) then this is the position for you! If DelBoy Trotter is you idol, then give them a call!

I know this as I 'negotiated' the first two rounds of the interview process.

I have no real problem with the manager - despite being completly misled - but would hate for some other genuine graduate to waste a full day 'in-the-field' as part of their second round interview.

I reiterate, THEYARE FULL OF CRAP!

If you have any remaining doubt ask yourself why such an international and reputable company does not have a website... WHAT DO THEY HAVE TO HIDE? I think that says enough.

DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Tweedy old crow
    True...

although, I have to say...
    It does teach you to work hard and you do learn some sale skills...
    Well that was with the previous manager anyway.

I think it's not a bad holiday job if you want to get into business. Can't get ot the top if you don't start at the bottom

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    you've changed your tune Skweeks

9. Lounge   -   #9
    I'm all for hard work, Skweeky, that's why I worked like a trooper at univeristy. Just don't advertise as a 'Graduate Training Programme' when it CLEARLY is not.

If they were up-front about what the job is all about from the outset then debt-ridden graduates like myself would not have wasted time and money attending the interview.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Tweedy old crow
    Naw, Dan, it's not a good company to work for and it's not something you want to do as a career. And they shouldn't advertise as a graduate training programme, because that's the last thing it is.

However, it IS a good experience and it IS a great holiday job and you USED to learn stuff with the old manager.

The guys running it now are both nitwits though.

PS: As I said in my earlier post. George is alright, it's the other guy who's an idiot. He used to run a different division but now they're sharing the clearance division in Glasgow I believe. The company used to be called IPG, but they've changed it to JACC ( bad reputation I think)
    Last edited by Skweeky1; 06-22-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast