Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: selling eggs.

hamm's Avatar evil piggy
    Think of the poor chickens!

Won't someone please please think of the chickens!

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    You lot are arguing semantics. If I could donate my wasted menstruated eggs I would, and so would most women. The argument is why there has been a ban on women donating their eggs, and no such restriction on men, when both contain half the genetic matirial to make a person. It's bollocks about the risky operation. We go through worse when we have a smear test once a year, or give blood or bone-marrow.
    There is no suggestion of a ban on donating. The suggestion is a ban on selling them. Please read the material before telling people they are arguing semantics. Tho' I can see how vidcc's post would confuse you.

However as I said earlier, I can see the selling of eggs as being analagous with the selling of sperm, as opposed to the selling of one of your livers.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hamm
    Think of the poor chickens!

Won't someone please please think of the chickens!
    I prefer to think of nekkid ladies when I go to donate, but whatever floats ya boat...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    There is no suggestion of a ban on donating. The suggestion is a ban on selling them. Please read the material before telling people they are arguing semantics. Tho' I can see how vidcc's post would confuse you.

However as I said earlier, I can see the selling of eggs as being analagous with the selling of sperm, as opposed to the selling of one of your livers.
    Fair enough, apologies. I blame late night drunken beligerence...

If there is enough value placed on eggs for a woman to make some decent money then let her sell them. I don't think it is immoral at all for they serve no vital function other than the potential to make a baby, unlike selling vital organs which puts the doner at real risk as physical function is impaired.

The only risk to the woman is that her fecundity is reduced every time she is harvested. If that woman is aware of that risk, or is not planning on having children then no one should be able to stop her making some money out of otherwise useless cells.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Fair enough, apologies. I blame late night drunken beligerence...
    Sorry, I was only joshing with you. I blame being pished on apple and waking up with a rather sore heid.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    I'm there with you.

Not literally obviously, but in spirit.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Spirits as well? I don't think either of you is going to be donating their livers to anyone.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-04-2006 at 03:46 PM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Spirits as well? I don't think either of you is going to be donating their livers to anyone.
    I had a totally fruit based evening

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    Hello: I found this site while doing a research paper for my philosophy class and just registered today. I am interested in hearing from more women on not just the sale of eggs but the sale of embryos such as fertility clinics so do. Are eggs and embryos private property? I need your opinions ladies! Thank You, David

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Post Script: Eggs, fertilized eggs, and embryos?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast