Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Question

Poster
    Have any of you ever been in a situation where you could not devote the time you would like to on here, and then when time finally allows, come back and read and have trouble understanding/reading threads?

Is this a normal thing? Does this mean the board has changed? Does it mean I have changed?

Or does it mean that everything is the same as always, including me?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    It happens every time I leave.

It's the regular deal-not to worry.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Poster
    Was wondering if it was the 'alphabet soup' type of deal there for a minute.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    My alphabet soup is filled with punctuation; ampersands, serifs, octothorpes, parentheses, and lots and lots of carets.

How I long for a simple hyphen or asterisk...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Have any of you ever been in a situation where you could not devote the time you would like to on here, and then when time finally allows, come back and read and have trouble understanding/reading threads?

Is this a normal thing? Does this mean the board has changed? Does it mean I have changed?

Or does it mean that everything is the same as always, including me?
    I don't feel like devoting any time on here. That makes it sound like an obligation.

Being on here fills time for me. It's another open window. This, Etrade, Word, Text Twist (and other games) occasionally, and Genmay.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Poster
    Setting aside time to focus on going someplace you enjoy is like an obligation to you, Busy?

It is nice to see some things remain unchanged.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Everose
    Setting aside time to focus on going someplace you enjoy is like an obligation to you, Busy?

It is nice to see some things remain unchanged.
    I obligate myself to many things...even if it's recreation.

I never set aside time to come on here.

I'll pop open my laptop on my coffee table if I'm watching TV or I'll come here if there is nothing else to do at work (which sometimes means I'm on hold with a tester is some telephone room in the basement of building).

To give an example, I set aside time to go play basketball, write my screenplay, pay my bills online, or research something I wanna buy.

It's probably the way you worded it. Any activity you do means you are devoting time to it. So yes time is devoted. However, I guess my better answer is I never feel the need to set aside time to focus on coming here.
    The use of obligation was a bad choice of words.
    Last edited by Busyman™; 04-10-2006 at 03:45 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman™
    I'll pop open my laptop on my coffee table if I'm watching TV...
    Well, if that's all you're doing, I can cease feeling guilty giving you a poser and distracting you from something more "important".

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    I'll pop open my laptop on my coffee table if I'm watching TV...
    Well, if that's all you're doing, I can cease feeling guilty giving you a poser and distracting you from something more "important".
    Why? It's not like it'll take all day.

Basically I just can't be on here and it be the only thing I'm doing. That would just be too boring. It's nice to come here while making music. I let what I've made play and post in between musical thoughts.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Why? It's not like it'll take all day.

Basically I just can't be on here and it be the only thing I'm doing. That would just be too boring. It's nice to come here while making music. I let what I've made play and post in between musical thoughts.
    It's just disappointing (and lucky, I guess) to find we don't get your best effort.

If you ever focused your maximum cranial output on us, we'd be vaporized.

Fact.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast