Thread: Do NOT Post Gibberish In Threads

The Thank You Hack is there to show thanks to those that post and contribute to the section. Its not there to be bypassed by posting gibberish for the sake of it and its insulting to everyone and the site. Seems a few think this is ok for some reason and its not so for those that do it stop now. For those that continue they will be warned and then banned from the site. Not something we want to do and hopefully wont have to.

If you dont want to post a Thank You or something relevant to the thread you could contribute to the site by posting an occasional NZB which with our Submit An NZB form which is very simple to use. You only need to post 1 NZB for every 10 you grab so that you wont have to post in a thread when you grab. Not much to ask really. You can read more about this in the Thank You Hack thread...

Thanks.
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-07-2006 at 08:46 AM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Hear, hear!
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Agreed, i'm sick of seeing the gibberish replies.
    It's disrespectful to the few people who actuallly post NZBs for us.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Athlon64's Avatar Newsgroup Bot
    Yeah I've noticed that too hopefully this sticky will be a warning for everyone.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Personally I like to post a wee bit more than just "Thank You", put a bit of effort into it.

So I tend to post something like "Looks like a good movie, thanks for posting the NZB". If that's the sort of thing you consider gibberish I will happily stop it. Please bear in mind I was supportive of the "thank you" hack and see it as a "no problem" issue.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    Not at all JP actually that would be considered a pleasant post. The posts that are being reffered to are ones that are just posted to grab like "asdf" and the like. Some members have been sent pm asking that they stop already. Though to make sure this wasnt seen as acceptable or to become a trend this was pinned to deal with the issue...

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    mikeco's Avatar Rossco's Manager
    isnt people just saying 'thank you' gibberishco?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Not at all JP actually that would be considered a pleasant post. The posts that are being reffered to are ones that are just posted to grab like "asdf" and the like. Some members have been sent pm asking that they stop already. Though to make sure this wasnt seen as acceptable or to become a trend this was pinned to deal with the issue...
    Thanks for the clarification.

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Blimey, I thought you were talking tongue-in-cheek.
    I had been a little irked with those grabbers merely dabbing at their keyboard but your own 'thank you's are a breath of fresh air, man.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Blimey, I thought you were talking tongue-in-cheek.
    I had been a little irked with those grabbers merely dabbing at their keyboard but your own 'thank you's are a breath of fresh air, man.
    My pleasure, particularly when it guys like yourself who go to the bother of getting and posting the files.

A wee bit of manners is the least you can expect.