Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: This Saturday night...

  1. #1
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    ...we have Lacy vs. Calzaghe.

    Should be a whole lotta' thumpin goin' on.

    I gotta go with Lacy.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  2. Sports Club   -   #2
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Welsh Joe for me, but then you knew that already big fella.

    Lacy: My training is going great. We are expecting a great fight on March 4. I am 110 percent ready for this battle between me and Joe. This is the beginning of my stardom as a professional fighter and I am taking Joe very seriously. I have not looked past him and I am doing everything I can in the gym, making sure I am staying healthy and everything else. So it is going to be a fight. From where I see it, it is going to be a really good fight..

    Calzaghe: Yeah, it is a big fight. It is the biggest fight in a long time. I know Jeff is going to be possibly the toughest fight of my career, so I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough night. Like I have shown in the past, I have always risen to the occasion. I have the heart of a champion and the ability. It is just getting everything right and performing on that night. So I am excited. It is an exciting fight. It is great for the division and great for boxing. I cannot wait for that night. It is going to be a great fight.

  3. Sports Club   -   #3
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Welsh Joe for me, but then you knew that already big fella.

    Lacy: My training is going great. We are expecting a great fight on March 4. I am 110 percent ready for this battle between me and Joe. This is the beginning of my stardom as a professional fighter and I am taking Joe very seriously. I have not looked past him and I am doing everything I can in the gym, making sure I am staying healthy and everything else. So it is going to be a fight. From where I see it, it is going to be a really good fight..

    Calzaghe: Yeah, it is a big fight. It is the biggest fight in a long time. I know Jeff is going to be possibly the toughest fight of my career, so I am under no illusions that this is going to be a tough night. Like I have shown in the past, I have always risen to the occasion. I have the heart of a champion and the ability. It is just getting everything right and performing on that night. So I am excited. It is an exciting fight. It is great for the division and great for boxing. I cannot wait for that night. It is going to be a great fight.
    I am a bit disconcerted by a thought that creeps into my head whenever a fight in which I have a rooting interest looms; that it will end early on a head-butt or other equally unsatisfactory technicality, and a rematch never comes off.

    I just hope this one comes off as it should.

    I can watch it live on Showtime, JP; how 'bout you?
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  4. Sports Club   -   #4
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Not sure yet, mate.

    I assume it will be on SKY (NTL) but I don't know if it's a PPV or not.

  5. Sports Club   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Hmmm.

    Be cool if I could dope out a way to stream it to you.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  6. Sports Club   -   #6
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    19,934
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Hmmm.

    Be cool if I could dope out a way to stream it to you.
    Yeah, but you'll stop the stream just before Joe wins.

  7. Sports Club   -   #7
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Hmmm.

    Be cool if I could dope out a way to stream it to you.
    Yeah, but you'll stop the stream just before Joe wins.
    No, no-not me.
    “Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that.” -George Carlin

  8. Sports Club   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    A lot of people seem to think that this won't go the distance. I, however, see Joe wining it on points.

    Lacy's only real chance is to knock Calzaghe out since he is the inferior boxer. Lacy's power is indisputable so if he catches Calzaghe, particularly in earlier rounds, it will spell trouble for Joe.

    I just hope Calzaghe plays is cleverly (which he has enough talent and experience to do) and not get drawn into a toe-to-toe war by the baying crowd and the 'slap' taunts which Lacy has been instructed to spout.

    If he keeps him at mid-range, Joe will win on points by a large margin.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  9. Sports Club   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    I wear an Even Steven wit
    Posts
    44,031
    Just went to the BBC site to read some stuff about the fight and Lacy turned up to the conference yesterday in an England Football shirt.



    Looks like he's worried about a hostile crowd. Bless his cotton socks.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

    --Good for them if they survive.

  10. Sports Club   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Has Calzaghe ever fought over in the US?

    I will have to hand it to any fighter that can win a fight over in bratland.

    I thought when the over-hill Costya fought Hatton that folks were gonna start throwing shit or run up in the ring.

    Very good hometown crowd.

    God forbid Costya actually won.

    Sadly I might have to tivo the Lacy/Calzaghe fight. I hate watching recorded matches.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •