Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Michael Moore...

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Damn and I thought I was late watching that movie.

Michael Moore may some distortions in the movie but when POTUS hears of a horrible attack on our soil, it's time to cut short getting reading lessons from 6th graders immediately.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Get real....Republicans and Democrats alike agree that he's full of shit most of the time. That's not even arguable....
    No most Democrats think the vast majority of Michael Moore's points are true.

Just like most Democrats think "w" is a selfish self serving sob & stupid to boot. And think "w" doesn't care what's in the best interest of the American people. But God help us, he is our President. Thinking junior is an idiot, is the best motive or reason that be can put on his actions (iraq etc.) & his inactions (Katrina & the crumbling of the US).

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    Get real....Republicans and Democrats alike agree that he's full of shit most of the time. That's not even arguable....
    No most Democrats think the vast majority of Michael Moore's points are true.

Just like most Democrats think "w" is a selfish self serving sob & stupid to boot. And think "w" doesn't care what's in the best interest of the American people. But God help us, he is our President. Thinking junior is an idiot, is the best motive or reason that be can put on his actions (iraq etc.) & his inactions (Katrina & the crumbling of the US).
    Apparently we have troops in Iraq 'cause the Iraqi people needed our help but Rwanda just had "some acts of genocide" commited (maybe 1 million dead) and that was different.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    I concur Busyman.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by zapjb
    I concur Busyman.
    Yeah, that's not a knock against Bush but against our leadership in general.

Fighting an unnecessary war. Not fighting when we should be.

You should watch this movie called Battleground: 21 Days On The Empire's Edge. I laugh when I hear this soldier talking about how they are in Iraq to fight terrorism.

I'm like...uh yeah....'cause you're there, idiot.

Which war would make a soldier more proud to fight?

Rwanda or Iraq?

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    I liked some of his movies- like Canadian Bacon
    Not sure on is documentarys- I haven't watched them. I got them, just need to go ahead and watch them. some of the claims that I have heard that he makes in bowling for Columbine sound pretty out there though. do I understand that he attacks K-mart for selling the amunition used? it wasn't the guns that were the problem, it was the parents that did not know that their child had a rifle, shotgun, handguns, ect. it would supprise me if that is under $1000 worth of weapons all told, and their parents didn't know that they were spending that kind of money, or did not know what they were spending it on? the problem isn't kmart here...
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    Not sure on is documentarys- I haven't watched them. I got them, just need to go ahead and watch them. some of the claims that I have heard that he makes in bowling for Columbine sound pretty out there though. do I understand that he attacks K-mart for selling the amunition used? it wasn't the guns that were the problem, it was the parents that did not know that their child had a rifle, shotgun, handguns, ect. it would supprise me if that is under $1000 worth of weapons all told, and their parents didn't know that they were spending that kind of money, or did not know what they were spending it on? the problem isn't kmart here...
    A decade ago, a shotgun-wielding assailant terrorized two Northwest Washington neighborhoods with a series of attacks. The attacker, dubbed the shotgun stalker by police and residents, shot at 14 people in Columbia Heights and Mount Pleasant.
    Once D.C. police concluded that a serial shooter was on the loose, they saturated the affected neighborhoods with round-the-clock foot and car patrols. But their presence did not stop the attacks.
    Police who investigated that case say it is virtually impossible to catch a serial shooter in the act. "Prevention is something you have to do, but it's not how you stop it. Apprehension is how you stop it," said J.T. McCann, a former D.C. homicide detective and supervisor who works as a private investigator. "There are thousands of people on the street. There are thousands of street corners."
    McCann said police tried to cast as wide a net as possible when searching for the shotgun stalker, researching sales of shotguns and ammunition, running down leads of vehicles that fit one witness's description and searching for connections among the victims or locations that might show why they were targeted.
    The assailant was caught after he changed his pattern: Instead of shooting at night, he became brazen and fired during the day, allowing a witness to get a partial license plate number. The gunman's car eventually was spotted by an off-duty officer who saw it going through red lights.
    William O. Ritchie, former head of criminal investigations for the D.C. police, said there are almost certainly clues in the neighborhoods the sniper has targeted. "Something has drawn the suspect or suspects to that area," he said.
    But McCann said the best chance for a break may come from a person the sniper knows.
    "People out there are probably aware of some very strange and bizarre behavior of a co-worker or a partner or a husband or something," McCann said.
    That guy lived not far from me and got his shotgun from my local Kmart.

After what happened, that Kmart stopped selling shotguns.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempestv
    Not sure on is documentarys- I haven't watched them. I got them, just need to go ahead and watch them.
    canadian bacon is weaksauce. just go watch his first movie: roger & me. moore has been making the same documentary over & over since then, but none of his later ones have been as good as roger & me.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    cheap bastard
    Anyone seen this movie or have any comments?
    I downloaded his entire 12 part US tv series from Demonoid. What a waste of time. His entire point seemed to be that rich people have too much money. I expected it would be something like a US version of the Cook Report but it was crap. I thought Fahrenheit 911 was OK, though obviously he blamed the wrong people for it.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    expensive
    ...I thought Fahrenheit 911 was OK, though obviously he blamed the wrong people for it.

OK I'll bite. Who's to blame?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast