Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Don't buy an HDTV just yet

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Gripper
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Indeed, who needs things like a house when you can have a telly like that.

That's it, sell your house and buy that telly.
    Council may be a wee bit miffed aboot that.
    Have you no spunk man, cash sale. It'll be ages before they find out.

2. Lounge   -   #62
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    No plans to buy such a thing yet. My current TV is only 8 years old - hardly broken in yet.

The £300 rule will apply before long. That is, no matter what the innovation and how much they cost initially they will drop to £300 for the good makes and less for the unknown Taiwanese version sold in Tesco. Then is the time to buy

Hopefully by then they will have decided which version to go with and all the hardware glitches will be resolved.

Of course if there was much worth watching I might have a different point of view.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. Lounge   -   #63
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles
    No plans to buy such a thing yet. My current TV is only 8 years old - hardly broken in yet.

The £300 rule will apply before long. That is, no matter what the innovation and how much they cost initially they will drop to £300 for the good makes and less for the unknown Taiwanese version sold in Tesco. Then is the time to buy

Hopefully by then they will have decided which version to go with and all the hardware glitches will be resolved.

Of course if there was much worth watching I might have a different point of view.
    I'm with you, only not quite so parsimonious.

Early adopters are tits. However we need them, to fund the R&D which leads to the well made, reasonably priced goods we end up with.

4. Lounge   -   #64
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles

I'm with you, only not quite so parsimonious.

Early adopters are tits. However we need them, to fund the R&D which leads to the well made, reasonably priced goods we end up with.
    Absolutely, err, isn't that what the English are for?
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567