Thread: Logitech Cordless iTouch Keyboard doesn't work!

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1

Dry

I wanted to use this one, because of the volume buttons. (I've used software that allows me to adjust the volume on any keyboard...but it's still a hassle)

I've already tried the latest drivers and I pressed the connect button several times!

What are some other things to try for getting a wireless keyboard to function?

I've connected the access point to every USB port...I've held both "connect" buttons down at the same time...and at different times. I placed fresh batteries into the keyboard too.

Why is this thing not working???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Does the computer recognize it and install the driver?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Does the computer recognize it and install the driver?
    yes

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Did you buy it new or used?

yo

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    Did you buy it new or used?
    New.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    BANNED
    I have wireless mouse and keyboard.PITA Sometimes I have to unplug everything while the cpu is running. Sometimes the hub doesn't work .Then plug it all back in. And get used to......
    start/prog/access/accesability/onscreen keyboard!!
    I dont use the software tho,too much hassle cause it forces you to wait at reboot like 30secs. Mouse is usually fine but the keyboard crap. Got the best model too, still love it but hate it. And get Rayovac 15 min rechargables!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    Important, you should NOT press both connect buttons at the same time. Press the button on the access point first, then press the button on the keyboard (within 10 seconds), then do not press anything for at least 30 seconds.

However, I doubt that this is your problem. It is more likely that the system is not set up to handle USB keyboards, since that's what the system should see it as. You need to connect a conventional keyboard in order to enable legacy USB keyboards in the bios.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    Important, you should NOT press both connect buttons at the same time. Press the button on the access point first, then press the button on the keyboard (within 10 seconds), then do not press anything for at least 30 seconds.

However, I doubt that this is your problem. It is more likely that the system is not set up to handle USB keyboards, since that's what the system should see it as. You need to connect a conventional keyboard in order to enable legacy USB keyboards in the bios.
    I'll try both of those out.