Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The best American state(s)?

SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Thanks for the replies

At the moment I'd say I'm more interested in the East of the country. Michigan looked nice, but the super bowl was there and some of the stuff said about Detroit wasn't great.

New Hampshire looks cool too, close to Canada so cold winters and the summers don't look too bad.

The latest interesting state would be North Carolina so it'd be nice to hear from anyone who's visited or live there. Is it far enough South to pick up the southern U.S accent? Would you get snow there in the Winter (as you do further north in places like New York)? Also is the coast similar to that on the West (sand beaches to go along with warm summers)?

Also what are the central states like (Utah, Dakota. Idaho etc). Are they flat like they're stereotyped to be (with loads of corn based farming)? Does it snow in these states in winter?

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by SeK612

At the moment I'd say I'm more interested in the East of the country. Michigan looked nice, but the super bowl was there and some of the stuff said about Detroit wasn't great.
    Michigan is nice, as long as you don't go near Detroit.

Having three huge lakes (I don't count Lake Erie) gives lots of options.

We have real change of season here, not that fake shit they have elsewhere.

I live in the Upper Peninsula, which suits me, although it can get a bit harsh.

We have 100-degree summer days here and there, and, although I don't ski or snowmobile anymore, I wouldn't miss winter for anything; it can be positively awesome.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Thanks for the replies

New Hampshire looks cool too, close to Canada so cold winters and the summers don't look too bad.

The latest interesting state would be North Carolina so it'd be nice to hear from anyone who's visited or live there. Is it far enough South to pick up the southern U.S accent? Would you get snow there in the Winter (as you do further north in places like New York)? Also is the coast similar to that on the West (sand beaches to go along with warm summers)?

Also what are the central states like (Utah, Dakota. Idaho etc). Are they flat like they're stereotyped to be (with loads of corn based farming)? Does it snow in these states in winter?
    South Carolina..Myrtle Beach...southern accents...lovely.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Thanks for the replies

North Carolina is pretty nice and yes they do get snow. never been there when It was snowing, but my grandma used to live near Boone NC until she moved out to MT, and I know she told about some times with a lot of snow.
    the south is deffinitly present there, so don't wory about that.

Dakota is actually two states- north and south, and both are almost all flatland. the flatland extends into eastern montana, almost west to Bozeman, where the mountains start. Western Montana is a lot of mountain ranges. Idaho, being off the west side of Montana also has a large collection of mountains. Crop wise, Nebraska, Kansas and a lot of the Dakotas are corn country. also, seeing as corn is used to finish beef before slaughter, this where you see the slaughter houses. it is cheaper to ship the cattle to the corn than to ship the corn to the cattle. as you get closer to Montana, wheat gets real big. eastern montana is a lot of wheat country. expect to see $200,000 tractors with gps guidence, internet uplink, and a built in tv out in these areas. This is because it gets very boring driving 30 miles at ten miles an hour in a perfectly straight line. The farther west you go, the less and less flat land you find, and wheat farming becomes difficult due to the terrain, so cattle ranching takes over. western montana is mostly cattle. the cattle grow too two years in montana before being sold, and trucked out to the slaughter houses to the east. Idaho is known for their potatos of course, a market that they shamelessly market as big, despite the fact that washinton has a considerably larger potato crop. It has gotta say somthing about the state when their claim to faim is that they can grow potatos.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    California
    Were the richest biggest and we got beaches.
    Los Angeles,San Diego,Oakland,San Francisco,Fresno ect.
    gangsta rap also started here.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    California
    biggest
    Sorry, no, you are ahead of us by 20000 Sq miles, but you are not the largest state by any means.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    biggest coolness mang
    but if your talking about size then were the 3rd biggest:
    http://www.enchantedlearning.com/usa/states/area.shtml
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 03-04-2006 at 01:47 AM.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    hamm's Avatar evil piggy
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggyjuarez
    California
    Screw dat!

If your looking at the west coast, my vote would go to Oregon. - Gorgeous!

West, but not coastal? - Arizona baby.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Idaho is dreadfully dull.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Its California or new york.
    Every where else is not as populated or wealthy.no way in hell is any middle state better then CA.
    Last edited by ziggyjuarez; 03-04-2006 at 05:33 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast