Thread: can BW meter kill interent connection or Bit Comet?

Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    here at the college I am limited to two gig a day download, or they kill my internet for the week. since i don't want to have to keep checking statistics for bit comet so I don't exceed the limit, I set up BW Meter to monitor my connection, however, the only option I can see to stop the connection is to kill the whole computer. I can however run a program when the limit has been reached. are there programs out there that would block the net connection or kill a particular program like BitComet or limewire? or am I missing something in BW meter that would let me do one of these?
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    For DUMeter the only addition options I see is terminate all Dial Up or Close Comupter down...

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    BWmeter has options that would let you do that, yes. It has a very flexible "filters" options, which made me change from Netlimiter to BWmeter. All in all the best "traffic control" program I've used.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Yoga's Avatar \ ( ^ 0 ^ ) / BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    seems sort of risky

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Tempestv's Avatar Engineer
    the "kill the computer" option worked today. I would like something a little more conveniant. another program beside BW meter perhaps? it would need to be able to differentiate between internet traffic and local traffic on a cirtain IP range.

Edit: finally found the option to kill the Internet connection when the limit is reached
    Last edited by Tempestv; 03-04-2006 at 08:53 AM.
    Plan for the worst, hope for the best