Thread: Soulseek News

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

I wanted to post an email I just got along with my response. I left the person's name out as I don't know if they want it mentioned:

> Nir Would you people get your stuff together.upgrade
    > your sys and leave it the hell alone.alot of people are
    > getting pissed off,every 2 min it seems as your server
    > goes down.we are getting pissed and ready to go
    > elsewhere.....get it together......i ask please

you know what, things are difficult enough as they are right now without people like you writing in emails to complain about the situation. we did upgrade, but the machine doesn't seem to be holding up very well, so we're doing everything we can to fix the problem. frankly, if all the people who were unhappy with soulseek right now and couldn't afford to wait actually left instead of whine, we probably wouldn't need this upgrade.

Nir 4:54 PM

System is unstable for now, you might have trouble to connect. We are investigating the issue.
    arzenik 11:41 AM

The server has finally been upgraded with a new CPU and the new motherboard recognize all the available memory. That's the good news. Unfortunately, after the upgrade completed more or less painlessly, the cabinet where the Soulseek server is hosted suffered some power breakdown. It is not completely clear yet if the problems are over for good or not. That's the bad news. The server is up'n'running for now, cross your fingers and stay tuned for more news.
    arzenik 4:05 AM
    ___________________________________________________________________________________

Taken from SoulSeek News.....

Soulseek News

Will not post no more News taken from this site about SoulSeek and what not.....bookmark the page and get News from there.

2. Music   -   #2
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    some people are such idiots.

Your getting a service that somebody has taken there time, skills and effort out to provide us for nothing and you are ungrateful about it.

If you can do better i would really love to see it.

Im really interested in what kinda setup the soulseek boys have anyone know?

3. Music   -   #3
    Originally posted by 4play@23 April 2003 - 18:40
    some people are such idiots.

Your getting a service that somebody has taken there time, skills and effort out to provide us for nothing and you are ungrateful about it.

If you can do better i would really love to see it.

Im really interested in what kinda setup the soulseek boys have anyone know?
    Ty for saying that 4play.You are right...we get the stuff for free so please just chill for now.

They are haveing to many problems dealing with everybody else and don't need to deal with us at the same time.Why I posted that News section showing NIR(the guy that runs SoulSeek) putting up with somebody.

4. Music   -   #4
    i would rather have soulseek that keeps crashing were i can get the music from and deal with people who care what they are sharing then the dumbos on kazaa that dish out crap files varisus and a like and dont care 2 monkeys about other people,carry on soulseek.

5. Music   -   #5
    Poster
    agree@fatboypaul, that is the best reason I use soulseek

6. Music   -   #6
    just to let you know that at this point in time , 9.11am GMT, the SoulSeek server is back up.......for how long i don't know....

7. Music   -   #7
    BANNED
    yes i read that on the Soulseek site as well the sight is up adn running again now

some people are just idiots i use Soulseek too some becasue the reasons mentioned i have lots of people message me on kazaa and say "where the hell did u get that its all fakes on kazaa" i tell them SS they say whats that?