Thread: Office Xp

why does office xp occupy so much ram......before installing...i had 100-110 mb of ram free on startup now i have only 50-55 mb free...anyway i could free up some...i already disabled the tool bar from starting up.....

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Hi ragzinc, couple of things you could try ... go to Start > Run .. and type msconfig then go to the "Start Up" tab, that will tell you what Windows is loading at Start Up. See if you can find anything you don't recognise and can deselect. Do that along with Ctrl, Alt Delete and go to Processes to see what is using what amount of Ram. Finally, get a hold of a program called "Super Ram" or something similar that will monitor and boost your Ram at user defined intervals and amounts. Hope some of this is of use.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by ragzinc@23 April 2003 - 19:26
    why does office xp occupy so much ram......before installing...i had 100-110 mb of ram free on startup now i have only 50-55 mb free...anyway i could free up some...i already disabled the tool bar from starting up.....
    Isnt it funny? U have "Xp Know It All" and have XP logos and whatever everywhere .. and it seems like .. u dont really know all about XP ) I thought u would be an expert in that by looking at ur avatar n sig )

cheers.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    it is actually funny...lol.....i just know a lot about WINDOWS xp...as in cracking it...as with the service packs and activation.....stuff like that....more or less EVERYTHING in WINDOWS XP...not with office and stuff...i know u mean t no hard feelings when you typed your post..... ......or did u....????

@Aiken_Drum....i had already done those stuff......thanks anyway for the advice.....i'm gonna check out this SUPER RAM you mentioned

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by ragzinc@23 April 2003 - 20:28
    WINDOWS xp...as in cracking it...
    Damn, ur the man -- cracking windows ! ! ! u mean downloading cracks aready that somebody else made and u just apply or that u made the cracks urself ? Anyways, I am that kinda cracker too )

NO HARD feelings, dude

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lol i got 516mb ram and when i open my computer 100mbz are alreayd gone...

quick bar only has ati thingy, cordless logitech mouse n keyboard connectiong... and one other thing...