Thread: Riaa And Their Henchmen, Hackers

Is anyone else out there getting alittle unnerved lately about the way RIAA has been acting? And it seems they've hired mercenary hackers or something to either a) destroy peoples systems, B) check on everything you have/ever had,etc c) starting lawsuits against relatively inconsequential people in the p2p world. I honestly think the sh*t is about to hit the fan, for everyone using p2p, cd customers, and RIAA themselves.
    But here is my little take on RIAA: They didn't give a damn when they screwed over the public and cd buyers by price fixing,etc and charging 20$ for something that costed them 10 cents to make, but it's only now when p2p users and filesharers are screwing them back that they cry "foul!"
    Bottom line: The public and p2p users beat RIAA at its own game, and didn't instigate the conflict.
    Just my take.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Forum Star
    Who the hell says that the RIAA uses mercenary hackers?

There are too much bullshit stories wandering about on the net.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    What a load of pants.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Paul, that's old news, appearing at least at month ago in the computer mags here.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by ljossberir@23 April 2003 - 16:48
    charging 20$ for something that costed them 10 cents to make
    Well, I hate the high prices as much as anyone, but its capitalism at its finest. If you were a business owner selling a product, you would try to make as much off of it as possible. This is the nature of "being in business."
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Jibbler+23 April 2003 - 19:43--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jibbler @ 23 April 2003 - 19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--ljossberir@23 April 2003 - 16:48
    charging 20&#036; for something that costed them 10 cents to make
    Well, I hate the high prices as much as anyone, but its capitalism at its finest. If you were a business owner selling a product, you would try to make as much off of it as possible. This is the nature of "being in business." [/b][/quote]
    Jibbler-how much do you think the upcoming "legal battles" will add to the price of a CD? They&#39;ll throw it in, then get some favored politicos to weigh in so they don&#39;t have to actually try any cases; but the premium will remain. I would say this will end up in front of the Supremes with the absolute minimum of foreplay, because THAT would be embarrassing, and the avoidance of embarrassment is almost as important as the money to them.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Fasttracker A
    Thats the problem with any major money making bussiness today.

Fat cats think that by mass producing a product they can maximize profits.
    One problem by flooding the markets with inferiour product you minimize the demand.
    Artists used to come out with strong cds every year or two now its like two cds a year ,some even make even more than that.

Basically the music biz fucked themselves and will continue to do so with this bubble gum pop shit and american idol crap.
    The movie industry will fall into the same pit falls also if they dont do something about it

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Read Link http://oa.thenoobies.com/OParticles/jackkarticle.htm
    This article was pulled from the GlobeTechnology website as an opinion. But MAN this rocks&#33;
    How to fail in e-business with a record effort.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Fasttracker A
    Wait what is it about?
    its very good everyone must read it