Thread: seeding problem

Has anyone else experienced problems seeding files on Leech, i dont have any

problems with any of the other public/private trackers that i use, but the

upload rate on Leech rarely goes above 1kb/s.

I have tried picking Torrents that have loads of leeches, and still get the

same problem when it comes to uploading.

I have checked and re-checked my settings & have set maximum upload rate to

unlimited for these Torrents,(using uTorrent1.4.2 Beta) but still have the

same problem.

Any help/tips to resolve this would be greatly appreciated, as i dont want to

appear as though i'm hitting and running.

Cheers.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    well, depends on the tracker software they use, you may be listed as un-connectable or firewalled

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    py3m4n's Avatar Angry At Birth
    Quote Originally Posted by Mïcrösöül°V³
    well, depends on the tracker software they use, you may be listed as un-connectable or firewalled
    Good point!!

If he is on a shared home network with other pc's that connect to the internet he could have problems with connectability ( if he is the client). Other problems could be his firewall or not having his router set up properly.

Why am I listed as not connectable? (And why should I care?)

The tracker has determined that you are firewalled or NATed and cannot accept incoming connections.

This means that other peers in the swarm will be unable to connect to you, only you to them. Even worse, if two peers are both in this state they will not be able to connect at all. This has obviously a detrimental effect on the overall speed.

The way to solve the problem involves opening the ports used for incoming connections (the same range you defined in your client) on the firewall and/or configuring your NAT server to use a basic form of NAT for that range instead of NAPT (the actual process differs widely between different router models. Check your router documentation and/or support forum. You will also find lots of information on the subject at PortForward).

but if his pc connects directly to the net his connectability is more likely a firewall based problem but that's only if he has his bit client set up right.

If its none of that you should try selecting torrents with a lot of leechers!!
    Last edited by py3m4n; 03-07-2006 at 12:47 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Looks like it was a firewall problem.....i use symantec client firewall, but windows firewall has somehow turned itself on and stopped incoming connections.

Turned it back off, and hey presto, problem solved.

Anyone know how to get rid of windows firewall from your system?

Thanx for helping to resolve this problem.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    turn off the firewall, then go to security center and tick the box that says "i have a firewall solution I will monitor myself". that should do it.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    mitsuevo03's Avatar Member BT Rep: +1
    Another thing to keep in mind is that on TL you have some users that have huge wait times. Keep seeding the file for a few days and before you know it it will be at 1:1 due to the users with wait times starting to download