Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winrar password encryption

does anyone know how to overcome this when you DL a winrar archive with a password encryption. ex. college hoops 2k6 for ps2.

Why would someone do that, encrypt it with a password, share it and not tell anyone what the password is

Just looking for advice

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    weasrock,
    Try going back to the site you acquired the torrent file from,
    read the comments for that particular file

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    normally the password is in the nfo or its a url in the filename.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    what program do you use to open nfo files?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Notepad or Getdiz

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    you can google "damn NFO viewer"

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Note pad work just fine, you just have to tell windows to use it. For some reason windows thinks its a system information file and tries using that. Right click the nfo and choose "open with" then "choose program" and point to note pad and from that point on all nfo files will open with note pad.

There is a freeware zip program called Zip Central, I it use because it allows me to look into zip files without extracting them. From within the viewer you can also choose view file to see nfo's and other files without having to extract them. Then I can drag and drop only what files I want from the zipped archive and leave the id diz, nfo's, url's and other useless stuff inside. If there is anything worth while in an nfo I can copy it and paste it into note pad without ever extracting it from the archive.
    Last edited by Appzalien; 03-09-2006 at 05:46 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by weasrock
    does anyone know how to overcome this when you DL a winrar archive with a password encryption. ex. college hoops 2k6 for ps2.

Why would someone do that, encrypt it with a password, share it and not tell anyone what the password is

Just looking for advice
    One particular thing of note, use the nzb posted WITH the archive, not one 'generated' by the various vacuum's out there (newzbin, ect.); the file with the pw may be included (with a different filename/newsgroup) either in that nzb, or embedded within the nzb itself.

Yes, it means a hoop to jump through, but it keeps automated systems (run by...) from collecting posting data.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Problem is, all the files are in a folder that is unable to be extracted unless a password is given(it was a bT dl). cause I tried to just open the nzb and its still asking for pw.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I have tried various programs however they seem to take ages to crack a pasword, maybe im just a noob!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast