Thread: Movies Are Always Crashing?

hey i have most codecs(i think) but most movies that i play crash whatever player its being used in??? is there anything i need to install, or have installed and need to get rid off?

can you please help me, thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Sounds like you don't have enough memory. You really shouldn't be having problems like this.
    Proud member of MDS

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    yeah i dont know why i got this problem either.....it aint memory cus i got like over 50 gb free.......
    its really annoying me!! lol

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Baltimore, Maryland, United States, North America, Western Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Sun Solar System, Milkey Way Galaxy, Quadra
    Pretty sure they are refering to RAM. It doesn't really matter how much space you have on your hard drive. If you don't have a lot of RAM and a fast processor, it's going to be difficult to watch movies without a slight headache. Make sure all other applications are closed so you can focus on the media player!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    I built a new system and had this problem, no matter what codecs I tried to use it crashed (and I tried loads of bios combos&#33... until I put on the SLD Codec pack (search forums for link) and every since it's worked with no problem!

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    dont listen to them, ur system if completely fine

what ur problem is, is that u have downloaded a corrupt movie file, a chunk is missing or just messed up

u can go ahead and try and redownload it again but im willing to bet the next 3-6 times it will still be corrupt.

thats y i dont use kazaa to download big files such as movies and games, because kazaa will almost always give u a corrupt file becuase its unstable and ur always jumping supernodes

ur best bet is to get the movie off of overnet, it may take longer but u wont have to redownload it again and again.

its not ur system its the file

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    and if ur worried about codec problems the only two codec packs u need are

nimo codec pack and the sld codec pack (*edit, look for them on google*)

but ur describing a problem (watching the movie then error pops up and the player crashes and goes to desktop) that i had with almost all my files i dl off kazaa, and theres nothing u can do about it, u got a rotten file.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Actually it just says crash - my films where ok before I upgraded then I had porblem where I was crashing with BSOD (could play games and anything else ok, just movies I could not watch) and as I said the new codec pack fixed my problem.