Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: iTunes = Winamp

im a big apple fanboy, and do use iTunes, but when i'm just browsing the webst or something, winamp is nice n lite, so i prolly use winamp a lot more. both are excellent players though.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Seedler's Avatar T__________________T
    Itunes runs a whole bunch of ghey background processes, and it auto starts when windows starts and uses tons of system resources.

Winamp=god

Itune=suck my cawk
    Biostar XE T5
    i5-750 @ 4.0 GHZ stable (CM Hyper 212)
    2 x 2GB Cosair XMS3 DDR3 1600MHZ
    Radeon 5850 @ 866/1254MHZ
    Intel X25-M in RAID 0
    WD Caviar Black 2TB in RAID 0
    3 x Asus 25.5" VW266H LCD [Eyefinity]

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Just curious since it is sort of related..

If I own a iPod do I HAVE to use iTunes as the form of Transferring music? Or can winamp do the same thing? Cause I really hate iTunes as you can not skin it like WinAMp and I grew up using WinAmp.. So I was wondering if there are any alternatives to getings songs to my ipOd without using iTunes as I do not want to have two players installed (Excluding WindowsMediaPlayer)
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    yes ipod support is now integrated into winamp.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Hmm sorry to yet again ask this.. but if it is integrated is the interface/gui the same as iTunes when i plug my iPod into the computer I can just click/drag songs into it from WinAmp?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I had a couple of friends both of which had iTunes. I decided to try it, but it began moving all my music and confusing me. I didnt think such a program could confuse me as I am an avid VB and C++ programmer. I wanted to play some songs, but then it started saying FILE NOT FOUND. So I tried moving some things manually, and it only got scarier from there on. Soon the bloody thing wouldnt even start up, so I tried reinstalling, restarting, it went just completely wrong. I find no reason to use iTunes since Winamp has frigging everything, and there are plugins out there to have Winamp be compatable with your iPod. I plan on getting an iPod sometime down the road, and I will be getting the winamp plugin for it. I am never going to use any apple softwares ever again. I have the newest quicktime on my machine, but I would rather shoot myself then watch any MOV files on my computer because it takes that damn thing at least ten minutes to start up the frigging quicktime, even though I have a 3ghz p4 and 512 ram? Steve Jobbs can go suck on a carrot. Winamp rules.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Otay nvm tried it and works great ^_^

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12