View Poll Results: Do You Own A Big Screen TV? (larger than 40")

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

6 26.09%
  • no

17 73.91%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Have A Big Screen TV? (larger than 40")

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    The last TV I owned had wood panelling. I'm not sure if the rest of the components were made of wood but the picture was fecking brill and the TV was actually older than me, it was still working when I threw it out. In fact it still worked after I poured a pint down the back of it accidentally on purpose.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Spider_dude's Avatar cawk BT Rep: +4
    my tv downstairs is 38" or something, the one in my bedroom is 21", my monitor is 19". the biggest ive seen is a friend at works 41" plasma screen, he bougth it 2 years ago when it cost £6000 ($15,000,000).

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i used to watch telly on my computer 19" CRT but the mobo broke so i had to downgrade to my old mobo which wintv doesn't work on, so ive now got a 14" telly

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    i used to watch telly on my computer 19" CRT but the mobo broke so i had to downgrade to my old mobo which wintv doesn't work on, so ive now got a 14" telly
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #15
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    We have a Toshiba 61H70 61" in the den. The kids like it and I have to say it is fantastic for movies, but for ordinary tv shows I generally prefer to watch one of the other standard tvs.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    We have a Toshiba 61H70 61" in the den. The kids like it and I have to say it is fantastic for movies, but for ordinary tv shows I generally prefer to watch one of the other standard tvs.
    Yeah it's like having a movie theater at home.

In the basement if all the lights are off (or dim), the surround sound is on, bowl of popcorn is on the table with soda, and the only light is coming from the TV.

We many times have Friday movie night with our little girl. I especially liked watching The Incredibles like that.

Without her, I'll of course watch stuff like Serenity. It's a just a great cinematic experience.

Funny that tonight we don't have our girl and wifey wants to go see Madea's Family Reunion at the movie theater. My friend with all the pirated DVDs is in the mountains so I might have to go.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Only have a 20'' CRT Tv.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    projector

9. Lounge   -   #19
    jetje's Avatar former star
    beside the projector (wich isn't a TV --> no tuner!) my biggest is a 32" Philips LCD flat screen hanging on the wall of my bedroom.

fantastic screen with ambilight!

if you have more then 4meter between you and the tv i would recommend the 50" Plasma ambilight screen of Philips.... but for that i had to rebuild my home......

10. Lounge   -   #20
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by jetje
    beside the projector (wich isn't a TV --> no tuner!) my biggest is a 32" Philips LCD flat screen hanging on the wall of my bedroom.

fantastic screen with ambilight!

if you have more then 4meter between you and the tv i would recommend the 50" Plasma ambilight screen of Philips.... but for that i had to rebuild my home......
    can't you get digital terrestrial boxes over there? they start at about £35 over here and i managed to link one up to my projector

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast