Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cordless mouse

lynx's Avatar .
    The Logitech rechargables are great.

The leds you would normally get on the keyboard (CapsLock, NumLock, ScrollLock and in my case FunctionLock) are all on the wireless receiver/mouse recharge station, so saving power on the keyboard.

The batteries in the mouse have enough power for at least 15 hours of use (not counting rest periods) before a recharge is necessary. They seem to have a small quirk though. When you first charge them they seem to get to full power very quickly. After a few days the mouse pointer stops moving, although the buttons seem to work. Even a long recharge doesn't seem to fix it for more than a few minutes. However, if you remove the batteries for about 30 seconds then replace them the problem seems to be resolved, but they will now take a long charge to get back to full power. That's happened with 3 units now, not a problem if you know what to do but it would be a real pain if you don't.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Mïcrösöül°V³'s Avatar Hammer Smashed Face
    I have the logitech mx1000 with the docking base to recharge the built in battery. It is by far the best mouse I have ever owned. It turns itself off after 5 seconds of not moving it. I game moderatly to heavy, and it lasts for about 5 days before I have to recharge it, even then I dont really "have" to charge it, I just like having full battery when I use it All wireless mice have some kind of sleep mode I would think.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12