Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: In The Interest Of Fairness

manker's Avatar effendi
    Meh, I'd rather give them the battle they want.

If the feckers would answer me when I point out the glaring incongruities of the thinking behind their prose, that is.

I'm not going to insult anyone, I'm merely going to ask for reasoned answers pertaining to why it was the best course of action for lynx to post a derisory statement to a member in a thread about an issue which had all but been resolved.

I would also like to know why it's fair for lynx to hurl the first (unsolicited) insult (call JP an arse) but not okay (resulting in 24 hour moderation) for JP to reply in kind.

That doesn't seem right nor proper to me.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by fkdup74
    Just so you know, a "cleaner" copy of this post has been sent to
    a few of the more level-headed team members.
    Good idea, good post. It's a shame that it was deleted, but that is the kind of behaviour you would expect from someone with a shaky argument and a little power.

I don't agree with cleaning up all of the board though (smacks of censorship), though the on-topic sections could do with even half the attention The Lounge is getting at the moment. Hardwareworld and Gamesworld are full of useless spam, Musicworld isn't even read by the mods (and it shows) and the off-topic polls has that lovely racist poll that somehow slipped under the radar.
    Last edited by Cheese; 03-13-2006 at 03:44 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Meh, I'd rather give them the battle they want.

If the feckers would answer me when I point out the glaring incongruities of the thinking behind their prose, that is.

I'm not going to insult anyone, I'm merely going to ask for reasoned answers pertaining to why it was the best course of action for lynx to post a derisory statement to a member in a thread about an issue which had all but been resolved.

I would also like to know why it's fair for lynx to hurl the first (unsolicited) insult (call JP an arse) but not okay (resulting in 24 hour moderation) for JP to reply in kind.

That doesn't seem right nor proper to me.
    JP knew exactly why he had been sent a PM about his posts. No-one outside the mod team, JP and whoever JP decided to tell knew anything about it. Instead of accepting it he decided (in a manner not unusual for him, you or Cheese) to try to blow it up into an issue.

If you bother to read my post properly, you'll see I was stating what I thought had been decided in Team Chat.

As for your thoughts about me not having the backing of other mods, perhaps you might be interested to know that the post which earned JP his initial moderation was deleted by another mod, without any referal to me.

Whether you think it's right or proper is irrelevant.
    The Administrators and Moderators are the ones who decide what is offensive, foul, inflammatory or excessive in nature, as well as what is considered spam, solicitation, advertising, profanity, inappropriate nudity or complaints. Their decision on the matter is final. Administrators and Moderators can and will take action without any prior warning or notice.
    Just so you know.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    JP knew exactly why he had been sent a PM about his posts. No-one outside the mod team, JP and whoever JP decided to tell knew anything about it. Instead of accepting it he decided (in a manner not unusual for him, you or Cheese) to try to blow it up into an issue.

If you bother to read my post properly, you'll see I was stating what I thought had been decided in Team Chat.

As for your thoughts about me not having the backing of other mods, perhaps you might be interested to know that the post which earned JP his initial moderation was deleted by another mod, without any referal to me.

Whether you think it's right or proper is irrelevant.
    The Administrators and Moderators are the ones who decide what is offensive, foul, inflammatory or excessive in nature, as well as what is considered spam, solicitation, advertising, profanity, inappropriate nudity or complaints. Their decision on the matter is final. Administrators and Moderators can and will take action without any prior warning or notice.
    Just so you know.
    You thought that it had been decided in team chat was to tell JP to stop being an arse, yet the sender of the PM didn't say anything of the sort.

Yet you question MY reading comprehension. Mine is fine, but there is clearly a problem with either your own or the person who sent the PM.

The question I asked was why should JP get put on moderation for an insult, when you'd already insulted both of us without provacation and didn't get moderated - who actually put him on moderation is of little import and I didn't refer to it. It also bears no relevence to if I think you've full mod team backing or not - in your own words 'Other mods seem to be afraid to bring this out in to the open'. By implication, you don't have their backing to do so.

Certainly not the backing of whichever mod deleted your insult post in the first place

You can hide behind the rules if you like, but it won't make your actions right, nor will it make them proper.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    This thread is causing lots of anger between some.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    This thread is causing lots of anger between some.
    Next week on State the Bleeding Obvious: Sky = Blue.

:p

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I have checked my in-box and can find no PM explaining that I was being moderated or the reason why. Neither can I remember having received one.

I've asked via PM but have not had an answer

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sArA
    Quote Originally Posted by Rat Faced
    The door on the lounge says: Talk about anything.

As far as im concerned, you can talk about anything in there....just dont expect it to stay on Topic for more than 5 posts, and dont complain if it doesnt.

If the lounge terms have changed, i know nothing about it... and i'd expect the sign on the door to be changed before anyone enforces anything.

Disclaimer: If i see something i think may be of interest if talked about seriously, then i may move it....

...but there again, if the poster really wants it in the lounge to laugh at, i can copy it to wherever just as easily.
    My feelings are pretty much the same here...

Btw....I don't know why, but every time I look at this thread's title, I see In the Interest of Fairies

:haha:

I think that JPaul made a typo, maybe that's what he really meant, sArA?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    So do we have a resolution to this issue. I mean are we going to keep posting about sports in the lounge or what.

Seems kinda stupid to not allow us to do that since its really an off-topic board and we wouldn't want all those jokes ending up like in the Sports board where there are serious discussions.

We need to settle this but i don't think anyone would want the lounge to change. More work for mods which is unneccessary and it will just cause more problems at other boards.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #60
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    So do we have a resolution to this issue. I mean are we going to keep posting about sports in the lounge or what.

Seems kinda stupid to not allow us to do that since its really an off-topic board and we wouldn't want all those jokes ending up like in the Sports board where there are serious discussions.

We need to settle this but i don't think anyone would want the lounge to change. More work for mods which is unneccessary and it will just cause more problems at other boards.
    Well RF and sArA seemed pretty certain. Things are as they were, the Lounge is for anything (so long as it doesn't break an actual board rule).

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast