Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: In The Interest Of Fairness

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    So do we have a resolution to this issue. I mean are we going to keep posting about sports in the lounge or what.

Seems kinda stupid to not allow us to do that since its really an off-topic board and we wouldn't want all those jokes ending up like in the Sports board where there are serious discussions.

We need to settle this but i don't think anyone would want the lounge to change. More work for mods which is unneccessary and it will just cause more problems at other boards.
    The root of the problem was never 'sports threads in lounge'.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #62
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Thats what it started with. Then it just evolved into more things.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #63
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Ya, and the whole 'Don't start sports threads in the lounge' was just a misunderstanding that eveolved into this.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #64
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    Ya this thread should be gone to prevent any more misunderstandings.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #65
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Ya, and the whole 'Don't start sports threads in the lounge' was just a misunderstanding that eveolved into this.
    Ross, Sara and Rat Faced cleared up any misunderstanding.

Everyone was happy until this post.

Now people are not happy.

If that post wasn't made, I don't believe that anyone would have added anything more to this thread, it was done and dusted.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #66
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Everyone was happy until this post.
    Sack him. It's sad when mods start taking things personally but I don't think the board needs another Balamm (sp? (it's been a while)). He can have those pretty stars that all the other failed mods get.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #67
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    JP knew exactly why he had been sent a PM about his posts. No-one outside the mod team, JP and whoever JP decided to tell knew anything about it. Instead of accepting it he decided (in a manner not unusual for him, you or Cheese) to try to blow it up into an issue.

If you bother to read my post properly, you'll see I was stating what I thought had been decided in Team Chat.

As for your thoughts about me not having the backing of other mods, perhaps you might be interested to know that the post which earned JP his initial moderation was deleted by another mod, without any referal to me.

Whether you think it's right or proper is irrelevant.

Just so you know.
    You thought that it had been decided in team chat was to tell JP to stop being an arse, yet the sender of the PM didn't say anything of the sort.

Exactly what I pointed out.

Yet you question MY reading comprehension. Mine is fine, but there is clearly a problem with either your own or the person who sent the PM.

No problem with either my comprehension, or the sender of the PM. I was simply demonstrating to other members that everything was not as JPaul might have them believe

The question I asked was why should JP get put on moderation for an insult, when you'd already insulted both of us without provacation and didn't get moderated - who actually put him on moderation is of little import and I didn't refer to it.

You seem to be confusing telling someone to stop acting in a particular way with actually calling them that. I thought your grasp of the English language was better than that.
    It also bears no relevence to if I think you've full mod team backing or not - in your own words 'Other mods seem to be afraid to bring this out in to the open'. By implication, you don't have their backing to do so.
    Just because someone else doesn't want to confront you themselves doesn't mean they don't agree with the action. Keep twisting the language though, eventually you'll come full circle.

Certainly not the backing of whichever mod deleted your insult post in the first place
    It was deleted because the mod thought certain members would not be adult enough to know when to stop. Seems he may have been right.

You can hide behind the rules if you like, but it won't make your actions right, nor will it make them proper.
    Seems some of you don't like insults now. How is it that never seems to stop you when you are dishing them out in the lounge?

This is one of the least moderated forums I've come across. As a result we expect members to behave like adults and to know where the line is drawn. A few members however seem to want to push that line back further and further. When that happens there eventually comes a point where the mods have to step in and push the line back to where it belongs. That time seems to have arrived.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #68
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    It wasn't a misunderstanding tho'. I have posted what was PMed to me. I just haven't named the person who sent it, because it's irrelevant.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #69
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    You thought that it had been decided in team chat was to tell JP to stop being an arse, yet the sender of the PM didn't say anything of the sort.

Exactly what I pointed out.

Seems a bit silly, eh.

Yet you question MY reading comprehension. Mine is fine, but there is clearly a problem with either your own or the person who sent the PM.

No problem with either my comprehension, or the sender of the PM. I was simply demonstrating to other members that everything was not as JPaul might have them believe

Hey, what. The team had decided to tell JP to stop being an arse and the PM he received was telling him to stop posting sport threads - but that's what you intended to do.

This is getting better

The question I asked was why should JP get put on moderation for an insult, when you'd already insulted both of us without provacation and didn't get moderated - who actually put him on moderation is of little import and I didn't refer to it.

You seem to be confusing telling someone to stop acting in a particular way with actually calling them that. I thought your grasp of the English language was better than that.

I've ably demonstrated many times that my grasp of English is better that yours, here - let me do it again:

I said you'd insulted both of us - not that you'd called us anything. If you tell someone that they've behaved like an arse, that is an insult.

Hope I helped you out there.

It also bears no relevence to if I think you've full mod team backing or not - in your own words 'Other mods seem to be afraid to bring this out in to the open'. By implication, you don't have their backing to do so.
    Just because someone else doesn't want to confront you themselves doesn't mean they don't agree with the action. Keep twisting the language though, eventually you'll come full circle.

So all of the mods agree that a post needed to be made like the one you posted. That simply isn't true.

You know it, I know it and the mod who PMed me at the time knows it.

Certainly not the backing of whichever mod deleted your insult post in the first place
    It was deleted because the mod thought certain members would not be adult enough to know when to stop. Seems he may have been right.

Sure it was

The thread was over, a couple of mods had spoken and agreed on what was to happen - a satisfactory outcome had been reached and you inflamed the situation.

Fact.

You can hide behind the rules if you like, but it won't make your actions right, nor will it make them proper.
    Seems some of you don't like insults now. How is it that never seems to stop you when you are dishing them out in the lounge?

So they ARE insults now that you've been dishing out now. Okay, good - JP got put on moderation for insulting you, you should get put on moderation for insulting him.

This is one of the least moderated forums I've come across. As a result we expect members to behave like adults and to know where the line is drawn. A few members however seem to want to push that line back further and further. When that happens there eventually comes a point where the mods have to step in and push the line back to where it belongs. That time seems to have arrived.
    This already happens. I showed that when I overstepped the mark the other day and apologised when I logged on the next day and read what I'd written.

The fact is that you've got a grudge against JPaul and you're using this issue to have a pop at him.

This is undeniable - and if you do try to deny it, you're really not fooling anyone.

Just so you know.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #70
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Am I getting this right.

The mods chatted and decided that someone should tell me to stop being an arse. That's happened before and I've replied something like "fair enough, point taken", mods can confirm that between themselves. Everyone needs to be told to calm down sometimes and I've had friendly warnings before.

Only that mod misunderstood and told me to stop posting sporting threads in The Lounge.

That led to me being on moderation, for the first time since I joined, when the forum was a couple of months old.

This is just bizarre.
    Last edited by Mr JP Fugley; 03-13-2006 at 09:30 PM.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast