Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: In The Interest Of Fairness

DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    When you put it like that it surely is

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco
    Ya, and the whole 'Don't start sports threads in the lounge' was just a misunderstanding that eveolved into this.
    Ross, Sara and Rat Faced cleared up any misunderstanding.

Everyone was happy until this post.

Now people are not happy.

If that post wasn't made, I don't believe that anyone would have added anything more to this thread, it was done and dusted.
    Does that post actually look that bad as I cant imagine it creating all this. Its stating that we were debating how to deal with Lounge issue should there be one. Seems the fact that JP was put on moderation has sparked this with lots of assumptions as to why he was or if its a grudge which is silly.
    He posted what was perceived to be an insult although in my conversations with JP he may be stating it was in jest pointing to a thread with the phrase.

However that dosent clean it as the statement itself could easily be viewed as an insult and is of poor judgment being posted in this section. Im sure someone stopping in would view it as an attack on a mod which dosent look good on the board. The post itself was removed by someone else on the Team for that very reason. As for how this started think that may well have been a misunderstanding also as mentioned by rossco though cant say...
    Last edited by RealitY; 03-13-2006 at 10:19 PM.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #73
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY

If that post wasn't made, I don't believe that anyone would have added anything more to this thread, it was done and dusted.
    Does that post actually look that bad as I cant imagine it creating all this. Its stating that we were debating how to deal with Lounge issue should there be one. Seems the fact that JP was put on moderation has sparked this with lots of assumptions as to why he was or if its a grudge which is silly.
    He posted what was perceived to be an insult although in my conversations with JP he may be stating it was in jest pointing to a thread with the phrase.

However that dosent clean it as the statement itself could easily be viewed as an insult and is of poor judgment being posted in this section. Im sure someone stopping in would view it as an attack on a mod which dosent look good on the board. The post itself was removed by someone else on the Team for that very reason. As for how this started think that may well have been a misunderstanding also as mentioned by rossco though cant say...
    Honestly, if lynx hadn't posted his insult, there would have been no more to say on the matter.

He inflamed the situation and now there is bad feeling.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #74
    Do you truly see that as an insult...

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #75
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4

If this is all a load of nonsense over nothing I think I can clear it up now.

I posted "do you have an unfeasibly small penis" to lynx. It was a reference to a previous thread I started (google the phrase and you'll see it). It was also an obscure reference to VIZ magazine in the UK. You'll have to sort out that one for yourself.

It's no big deal and wasn't intended as some sort of major dig at a mod. I thought it was in the spirit of him saying that I was behaving like an arse and would be taken as such, obviously it wasn't. That's unfortunate and I wish it hadn't happened.

The main thing and the point of the thread is that jokey sporting threads are allowed in The Lounge. However don't get annoyed when things get spammed.

Sorry for any confusion this thread has caused. It was intended to clear things up rather than make them more confused.
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #76
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    I actually thought the idea was to ask JP to stop being such an arse.

Obviously whoever sent him the PM decided it was better to ask him to do something he was actually capable of.
    Do you truly see that as an insult...
    Well, he's implying that JP isn't capable of being anything other than an arse.

So, yeah. It's an insult
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #77
    Think based on JP post above yours this is done...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #78
    twisterX's Avatar Poster
    this thread should be locked to prevent anymore evolution of this.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #79
    Mr JP Fugley's Avatar Frog Shoulder BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by twisterX
    this thread should be locked to prevent anymore evolution of this.
    Agreed
    "there is nothing misogynistic about anything, stop trippin.
    i type this way because im black and from nyc chill son "

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #80
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Think based on JP post above yours this is done...
    Sure.

The issue about sport threads being allowed in the lounge was done last night.

The issue about arbitrary periods of moderation for insulting people is not.

In this thread, I called Sara a homophobe and didn't get moderated, JP enquired as to whether lynx has an unfeasibly small penis and gets moderated. lynx inferred that JP wasn't capable of behaving anything other than like an arse and he too didn't get moderated.

Does that appear, at all, as if JPaul has been singled out because of a grudge, or is it in the rules somewhere.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast