Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anger Management

the ip they used in the letter, did you check that with your real one? or does it change for you? it should be the same or close to it, right?

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    It's relatively easy to get someone's Ip, the fact that the ip is true doese'nt mean much. The fact that so many people have recived the letters means that the ip is most likely false though.

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    I work for an ISP (time warner) given i am not in the front office but if there where ant real policies on the isp's behalf I would know. Dont get to worried is what I mean.

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by toddiscool@27 April 2003 - 11:22
    I work for an ISP (time warner) given i am not in the front office but if there where ant real policies on the isp's behalf I would know. Dont get to worried is what I mean.
    i agree, i'd just block it out, keep downloading, dont let this crap stop you, fight back, we want prices on products to go down, its unfair, a game for $100 AUS ($54 US) its ridiculous, cds are ridiculous also, so dont worry about it,

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by SHIFTY@27 April 2003 - 07:19

i agree, i'd just block it out, keep downloading, dont let this crap stop you, fight back, we want prices on products to go down, its unfair, a game for $100 AUS ($54 US) its ridiculous, cds are ridiculous also, so dont worry about it,
    Okay Shifty, I have a question for you ( or anyone else who cares to respond )...

If your main complaint is that prices are too high, at what price level would you BUY these products and stop dl'ing them for FREE on a p2p network?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    OK, now for every one that thinks this is fake needs to wise up. Im not sure about the MPAA and stuff sending mail directly to you but when i was sharing Lord of the rings when it was popular my Att Broadband sent me a simalar e-mail and also suspended my connection for a day. To get it back i had to call there legal department where they told me that they don't really care what i do as long as i don't upload copyrighted stuff because the RIAA and MPAA are really getting on them to do somthing.

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Yes, just ignore them and download as much movies as you can to piss them off. That's what I would do. To think they are up to such cheap tactics.

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    oh yeah i forgot to add that att had some kind of 3 strike policy where the 1st is just a day suspend the 2nd is a week and the 3rd you get termanated. atleast thats what he said

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    TRshady
    Originally posted by clocker@27 April 2003 - 15:47
    If your main complaint is that prices are too high, at what price level would you BUY these products and stop dl'ing them for FREE on a p2p network?
    I agree with shifty, If prices were cheaper I would rather buy then download, because that way I'd know it fully works, I get a unique cd-key (online playing), a manual, problem free playing (cracks, corrupt\missing files) and its nice as a package (with box).

If prices were £20 a game and around £6 an album, then yes without a doubt I would buy purchase instead of download.

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by UrbanS0ldier@27 April 2003 - 17:50
    OK, now for every one that thinks this is fake needs to wise up. Im not sure about the MPAA and stuff sending mail directly to you but when i was sharing Lord of the rings when it was popular my Att Broadband sent me a simalar e-mail and also suspended my connection for a day. To get it back i had to call there legal department where they told me that they don't really care what i do as long as i don't upload copyrighted stuff because the RIAA and MPAA are really getting on them to do somthing.
    Certain ISPs have sent out letters. That letter, in this thread, is a fake.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast