Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You British are indeed audacious

100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Actually..according to Vogue mythology, DeMilo, vain as she was yearned for eternal youth, hence the gods having pity on her gave her ointments with which to remove ll signs of age and cellullitus (clitoint) - she ofcourse became addicted and abused the gods generosity and soon turned to marble.

Granted her wish, the gods where pawned due to the "eternal" need to clean her from pigeon shit and etc, hence her arms where removed inorder to retrieve the golden bracelets to pay for eternal dedustification.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by 15%
    Actually..according to Vogue mythology, DeMilo, vain as she was yearned for eternal youth, hence the gods having pity on her gave her ointments with which to remove ll signs of age and cellullitus (clitoint) - she ofcourse became addicted and abused the gods generosity and soon turned to marble.

Granted her wish, the gods where pawned due to the "eternal" need to clean her from pigeon shit and etc, hence her arms where removed inorder to retrieve the golden bracelets to pay for eternal dedustification.
    I never knew that.

One learns so much here, it's quite frightening.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    I personally think the statue of Alison Lapper is something to be proud of. It's quite an arresting and provoking piece of art in terms of both thought and emotion. Whether you like it or not, you'll talk about it. Just the fact that a woman with a different body to the societal norm is comfortable enough to have it sculpted and displayed in arguably the most promenant place in London is pretty admirable.

Churchill suffered from depression and made no apologies for it. I think using a renowned leader to highlight the scope of the effects of mental illness is a positive thing to do.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    I personally think the statue of Alison Lapper is something to be proud of. It's quite an arresting and provoking piece of art in terms of both thought and emotion. Whether you like it or not, you'll talk about it. Just the fact that a woman with a different body to the societal norm is comfortable enough to have it sculpted and displayed in arguably the most promenant place in London is pretty admirable.

Churchill suffered from depression and made no apologies for it. I think using a renowned leader to highlight the scope of the effects of mental illness is a positive thing to do.
    Good post.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    thank you

6. Lounge   -   #16
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic

You probably Googled that
    It's hot in Topeka.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Just the fact that a woman with a different body to the societal norm
    No, i'm pretty sure having arms and legs is more a natural norm and less a societal norm.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Quote Originally Posted by 100%

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Carcinus's Avatar Procrastinator
    No, i'm pretty sure having arms and legs is more a natural norm and less a societal norm.
    I do apologise for not making myself clear. By "Societal norm" I meant what society views as normal, not whether the form of Alison Lapper is "naturally normal." I

I do apologise for not making myself clear. By "Societal norm" I meant what society views as normal, not whether the form of Alison Lapper is "naturally normal." I thought that would be evident from the context, but maybe I was mistaken.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetalParkingLot
    Just the fact that a woman with a different body to the societal norm
    i'd say it's unnatural. no offence to her, but most of the people i know have arms

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast