Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xp Smoker

You welcome. Thank you guys so much for using my program. I hope it serves you well. XP Smoker started out as a program for myself to change settings without having to use a zillion different programs. Basically, I added some of the best performance tweaks from Tweak XP, X-Setup, PCMedik, etc. All those programs have a big impact except they cost money. All for X-Setup. But X-Setup has way too many useless tweaks. You can get lost in that program. So I tried to make something simple with all the key performance tweaks. And a few IE security settings. Once again thank you guys.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    TRshady
    I would to try the program out but can't get to the site

Does supertrick block the site?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    nizers's Avatar Poster
    i can't get to it either

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    My system's already pretty tight. Now with XP Smoker properly setup thanks to the help files. Noticing slight (guessing about 10%) performance gain. And it seems crisper & cleaner. I like that it's exe & it's freeware.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Check out my system at pcpitstop: http://www.pcpitstop.com/techexpress.asp?i...0BKWWQ0SJASW8MB
    This is my computer system after using XP Smoker.

Also, would anybody want a page to explain how to tweak out their ethernet card to the max and set their network settings for cable, and or satellite for maximum throughput?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    i cant get to xp smoker either .....someone wanna put a working link

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by tweaked2themax@25 April 2003 - 06:50
    I've included a help file in XP Smoker now! You can download just the helpfile at http://waresoft.msspro.com/xpsmoker.chm
    Help file indicates a 'Modem Tweak' and a 'System Restore' function in XP Smoker. Not found in the program itself, did it get left out or is that something in the works for the next version?
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by zapjb@24 April 2003 - 13:56
    Freeware @ http://waresoft.msspro.com/index.html . Just started with it. I'm cautiously impressed so far. Anybody who's tried it, what do you think?
    the site is down

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    racer II's Avatar Poster
    The site still works for me, maybe it was down for a short time.

And, thanks for the help file btw
    System:
    LANPARTY UT NF4 SLI-DR Expert
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    Xfx 7900gt extreme
    2x Maxtor 250gb sata
    2x Maxtor 80gb (p)ata
    2x 512mb mem , dual channel
    Tagan 580w psu
    Coolermaster stacker case
    Zalman reserator 1

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Hello everyone,

CornerPocket - XP Smoker has been updated there is a new version available. It has the system restore function and the extreme modem tweak. Download it here http://waresoft.msspro.com/xpssetup.exe

The new version is 1.5.16 - the help file is included in the installation program.

For everyone else. Please be patient. My host is having problems with their Apache servers, they seem to need to reboot several times daily, that compounded with XP Smoker being downloaded about 39,000 times is probably why the site is unavailable sometimes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast