Thread: Bit of a Bastard that

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    No 2 son made his way over to Paradise today, to join the masses there, to celebrate the life of wee jinky. He told his Mam he was doing this and she okayed the deal. He went along with 4 or 5 chums and it was rather emotional for all of them. The lads at Celtic park handed out copies of the order of service (of the Requim Mass) as a keepsake and a memento of this sad occassion.

The occassion became even sadder for number 2's mate David, when his Mam phoned to express her surprise at seeing him being interviewed on Sky News. When, to her certain knowledge, he had attended school that very day.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    There's just no getting out of that one!

Did you pop across too?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Did you pop across too?
    Fraid not mate, I thought about it but decided not to. I'm disproportionately emotional about this. I suspect it's more tied in to other things, it would have been my Da's birthday today for example. However I don't want to get too Yogi about the whole thing.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Did you pop across too?
    Fraid not mate, I thought about it but decided not to. I'm disproportionately emotional about this. I suspect it's more tied in to other things, it would have been my Da's birthday today for example. However I don't want to get too Yogi about the whole thing.
    I see. Well, hope you're bearing up okay - I did notice a one or two of your posts were fairly reticent ealrier.

I think this is one of the occasions where solace surely is found at the bottom of a glass.

Sláinte.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I see. Well, hope you're bearing up okay - I did notice a one or two of your posts were fairly reticent ealrier.

I think this is one of the occasions where solace surely is found at the bottom of a glass.

Sláinte.
    Thanks for that and Sláinte to you too.

I wasn't going to have a pint, what with it being Friday and owt. However now you've suggested it I shall.

Now stop being a gaylord and drink chilled white wine, with perhaps the occassional posting of pish on the interweb.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Not going to have any wine now

You've driven me to hard liquor.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Not going to have any wine now

You've driven me to hard liquor.
    insert fellatio joke here

8. Lounge   -   #8
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    As I would tell my son, don;t do anytin yo'd hate, butdo plenty you'd regret.

In fact how could you telll a child of yours not to get on it when you have yourself?