Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: After years of the Baseball 'World-Series' being nothing of the sort ...

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    wrong fred. sorry
    You're looking for the "Mastrubate on the interweb" thread.

2. Sports Club   -   #62
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Chest beating is part of American culture. Fact.
    So, how is that whole "sun never set on the English empire" working out for you?
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

3. Sports Club   -   #63
    Mike Nelson's Avatar Poster
    Ah, the ever-lame "I know you are but what am I" comeback.

4. Sports Club   -   #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikibonbon
    So, how is that whole "sun never set on the English empire" working out for you?
    That was because it was a geographical fact. There was never a time of the day when there was no past of the British Empire in daylight.

I don't think that's the case anymore, hence us not saying it.

5. Sports Club   -   #65
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    I'm tempted to move this thread to Sportsworld because it rather quickly became a serious debate.

As far as this mony>pride thing goes, I've got to agree it's bullshit.
    Oh gawd.

Do you bother to read? I have already told you of a reason some players won't go to the Olympics, World Championship, or World Baseball Classic and now you've got that I have every American not going.

Quite obviously they go but again, for the hard of reading, Olympic basketball is a perfect example. If they all thought the internatonal chest beating was more important than money, all our elite players would go whereverthefuck and wipe the international floor every year. In the World Baseball Classic there would be no American baseball player saying he's not going 'cause he doesn't feel like it (or whatever excuse he makes up). We'd have the same elite basketball team every year. (other countries have one b-ball team made up of bascally the same players every year)

You don't hear an Olympic figure skater making excuses and guess what? Their Olympic appearance just happens to translate to endorsement money.
    That is for them, their NBA Championship or their World Series.

So sure, Americans love flexing just like any other country. However, for some, money trumps I have bigger dick.

edit: Oh this has been a serious sports debate since page 1. I don't see the confusion.
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-18-2006 at 03:34 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #66
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Nelson
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I know folks like jump around when America does badly at something but jeez, America has lost in Olympic baseball a number of times. I think a coupla time they didn't even medal.

This is not something new.
    On the bright side at least it wasn't a proper sport like soccer or rugby.
    What makes a sport "proper"?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Sports Club   -   #67
    I'm tempted to move this thread to Sportsworld because it rather quickly became a serious debate.

As far as this mony>pride thing goes, I've got to agree it's bullshit.
    Oh gawd.

Do you bother to read? I have already told you of a reason some players won't go to the Olympics, World Championship, or World Baseball Classic and now you've got that I have every American not going.

Quite obviously they go but again, for the hard of reading, Olympic basketball is a perfect example. If they all thought the internatonal chest beating was more important than money, all our elite players would whereverthefuck and wipe the international floor every year. In the World Baseball Classic there would be no American baseball player saying he's not going 'cause he doesn't feel like it (or whatever excuse he makes up). We'd have the same elite basketball team every year. (other countries have one b-ball team made up of bascally the same players every year)

You don't hear an Olympic figure skater making excuses and guess what? Their Olympic appearance just happens to translate to endorsement money.
    That is for them, their NBA Championship or their World Series.

So sure, Americans love flexing just like any other country. However, for some, money trumps I have bigger dick.

edit: Oh this has been a serious sports debate since page 1. I don't see the confusion.

Everyone understands that you are saying money is the most important thing. No-one is arguing that is not the case for you, just that it's a very sad outlook on life.

It is however a theme with you. Like cheating your way into cinemas, stealing microwaves, planning your whole day around saving a few dollars. That's taking it to a "money = a God" level. The thing is you're proud about these things and actually boast about them on the interweb. You think others will be impressed, whereas it has exactly the opposite effect. It makes you come across as a bit of a pikey.

8. Sports Club   -   #68

On the bright side at least it wasn't a proper sport like soccer or rugby.
    Having a world tournament (eg the World Cup) where all the best players play for their respective countries. Players sans performance enhancing drugs helps as well.

9. Sports Club   -   #69
    Having a world tournament (eg the World Cup) where all the best players play for their respective countries. Players sans performance enhancing drugs helps as well.
    Or a Royal Rumble

10. Sports Club   -   #70
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul

Or a Royal Rumble
    A Mexican won that this year as well.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast