Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Omega Drivers?

Poster
    I have a Geforce6800GT OC'd to Ultra speeds and running 66.93 drivers (To get rid of those annoying random freezes). This works fine, in the quest for squeezing out the best performance out of my hardware, should I install the Omega Drivers? Would these make a noticeable difference and perhaps stop the random freezing without having to disable fastwrites?
    www.never-dead.cjb.net

Ardeth In Pre-Production

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp
    I have a Geforce6800GT OC'd to Ultra speeds and running 66.93 drivers (To get rid of those annoying random freezes). This works fine, in the quest for squeezing out the best performance out of my hardware, should I install the Omega Drivers? Would these make a noticeable difference and perhaps stop the random freezing without having to disable fastwrites?
    Omega's are great!, i use them for my card. There supposed to be more stable and tweaked

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    All Omega does is take the offical drivers and modify them so you get supposably better performance. I use them on my laptop and it works pretty good. You may or may no get any better performance but you can always try. Just make sure to uninstall anything ati or radeon related.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by erRor67
    All Omega does is take the offical drivers and modify them so you get supposably better performance. I use them on my laptop and it works pretty good. You may or may no get any better performance but you can always try. Just make sure to uninstall anything ati or radeon related.

yeh use driver cleaner from Driverheaven.net

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    LilAznAccommodator's Avatar Celestial Seraph
    Sorryt o come in but whenever upgrading new Video Card Drivers is it BEST to uninstall any currnet / older versions? Because I usualyl jsut 'over-install' the updates without uninstalling =X.
    Credits to ChuNaku,Kazearashi,Kennethzzz,Kiyocchi,S4ku,Tanakachi and Tubster68:

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    If you have an ATI card, yes it's recommended to uninstall (and use driver cleaner to clean afterwards) the old drivers first then install the new set.

As for Vamp, I would suggest instead of the Omega Nvidia drivers, which seem to come every other year or so, I would use the Xtreme-G sets over at www.tweaksrus.com. They just released the new 84.21 set, and have many other sets available. I would recommend the 84.15 v2 or the new 84.21's since they seem to give incredibly good IQ and performance to boot.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    So for Nvidia, is it recommend also to do as the ATI and uninstall the drivers than cleaning them out with DriverCleaner?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by LilAznAccommodator
    So for Nvidia, is it recommend also to do as the ATI and uninstall the drivers than cleaning them out with DriverCleaner?

Its for quite a few different drivers SIS , TNT , etc.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Otay thank you, I was just curious as if uninstalling the current/previous drivers is recommend when updating any video card.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @lilanzAcommadator, I run the cards driver and control panel uninstaller using Add/Remove , run drivercleaner then I even go as far as removing my card thru Device Manager .

Reboot then have Windows Hardware Wiz find and install , then I have my drivers ready .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast