Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T.O. signs with the Cowboys

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

Yeah, so ultimately his stock was not improved by what did occur last season.

Of course, he wasn't found guilty in a court of law, and any anti-T.O. stuff is purely anecdotal.

No reason to suspect he'd be anything but a sterling addition to any team in the league.
    Egggzackleee
    He is a dog with fleas, to be avoided at all costs.

Speaking of which, watch how well Mike Martz gets along with the new head coach (I can't even remember his name) in Detroit this year.

Should be fun to watch.

I give what's-his-name one year.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Sports Club   -   #22
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    If anyone can straighten out T.Owens, it'll have to be the "big tuna"......

3. Sports Club   -   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by jafer
    If anyone can straighten out T.Owens, it'll have to be the "big tuna"......
    A big "if", but you're right as rain.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Sports Club   -   #24
    maebach's Avatar Team FST Captain
    aaron brooks to Raiders !!!

5. Sports Club   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Egggzackleee
    So you think that TO was part of the Eagle's Superbowl run?

Sorry I understand the hype of this past season and agree he should have STFU. I can't discount his previous seasons with the Eagles, however.

A talented player is a talented player. Ron Artest is a fuck-up yet he makes Sacremento better.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Sports Club   -   #26

Sorry I understand the hype of this past season and agree he should have STFU. I can't discount his previous seasons with the Eagles, however.

A talented player is a talented player. Ron Artest is a fuck-up yet he makes Sacremento better.
    True enough, but both are best considered short-term propositions, and, like serial killers, their behavioral intervals keep getting shorter and shorter.

Do you want to alter team chemistry so drastically?

T. O. is talented, for sure, but...

-Mark Twain

7. Sports Club   -   #27
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!

True enough, but both are best considered short-term propositions, and, like serial killers, their behavioral intervals keep getting shorter and shorter.

Mmk, if Dallas gets a Bowl ring (or even goes deep in the playoffs) and then TO fucks up the very next year what would you have to say...hmmmmm?
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Sports Club   -   #28

Mmk, if Dallas gets a Bowl ring (or even goes deep in the playoffs) and then TO fucks up the very next year what would you have to say...hmmmmm?
    I will say the same thing I'm saying now.

Tuna won't put up with his shit, and T.O. will not knuckle under to him because to do so would be an affront to his "manhood".

If this all happens in the second season (assuming T.O. makes it that far; who knows, Tuna might retire, too), my point still stands.

Don't make book on Dallas going to the playoffs, however.

They haven't proven they can play a tough schedule.

-Mark Twain

9. Sports Club   -   #29
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I think that Dallas can make a serious run with the addition of T.O. Last year they were missing a player that could stretch the field and make big plays and T.O gives them that player. They had decent receivers but none of them could take it the distance after the catch like T.O can. Keyshawn was a possession receiver who could go over the middle but once he made the catch that was it; where as with T.O every play he has the potential to score because he is so strong and so quick.

Not to mention they have a very stout young defense and if Julius Jones can stay healthy they can do some serious damage.

10. Sports Club   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBank_Hank
    I think that Dallas can make a serious run with the addition of T.O. Last year they were missing a player that could stretch the field and make big plays and T.O gives them that player. They had decent receivers but none of them could take it the distance after the catch like T.O can. Keyshawn was a possession receiver who could go over the middle but once he made the catch that was it; where as with T.O every play he has the potential to score because he is so strong and so quick.

Not to mention they have a very stout young defense and if Julius Jones can stay healthy they can do some serious damage.
    All of this is true; I happen to think last year was a bit of a fluke, though.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast