Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lotr Bin File

Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Originally posted by the shift+24 April 2003 - 17:44--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the shift @ 24 April 2003 - 17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -Nightwolf^.`.^@24 April 2003 - 23:30
    <!--QuoteBegin--The King
    @24 April 2003 - 16:51
    will this work with movie files to? ie, mpeg? I ripped The Master Of Disguise on to my hd. I want to be able to watch it on my dvd player so it needs to stay in the mpeg format. It is 801mb. If I use overburn and it doesn&#39;t work, will it screw up my burner?

ps. I know it is the wrong forum

No, with movies it&#39;s not the file&#39;s size that matters, it&#39;s the length of the movie. If I recall, that movie was rather short so you might be able to fit the whole thing on one 80 minute CD.
    yesh thats the silliest thing ive heard, size does matter&#33;

an 80min cd can only hold 700mb and an overburn 730mb at most. ANd to say that its about minutes is just plain *cant say it*, sry dont mean to be meen but come on, u r just misinformed. A movie file has many aspects to it, the audio quality, video quality, image resolution. All those things add to the size of the mpeg or video file. Minutes of how long the video dont matter when ur burning, its the size of the file.[/b][/quote]
    I think you misunderstood. He&#39;s not talking about simply burning the video to a CD-R as a file, he&#39;s trying to make a VCD. When you burn data the disk is limited to 700 MB. When you make a VCD, Nero converts it to a video stream that can be read by most DVD players. In that case file size is irrelevant. A VCD can hold about 80 minutes of video (82 if you overburn). You could take a 2 GB uncompressed avi and use Nero to burn it as VCD. As long as it&#39;s less than 80 minutes, Nero will convert it to standard mpg format and it will fit on one disc. Trust me, I know what I&#39;m talking about.

2. Games   -   #12
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Can&#39;t overburn this bloody game....still too big......looks like I will have to get a couple of 800meg cdr&#39;s.

Thanks for your help y&#39;all...

3. Games   -   #13
    u ave a cue file for the .bin yes ?

i have burnt 760MB+ bin files onto 700MB cds with no problem at all

4. Games   -   #14
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    Do you have WinISO? If so, try this. Open your .bin file with it, then browse the folders and look for anything that looks safe to delete. If there is a &#39;Crack&#39; folder that someone else added, you can just extract the contents to somewhere on your hard drive, then delete it from the .bin. Do the same with any .txt, .doc, or .html files. You can put those files in your game folder after you&#39;ve installed it. When you&#39;re done trimming the fat, save it again as an .iso and try burning it.

Another option would be to just use WinISO to extract both of your .bins into a temporary folder on you hard drive, and run Setup from there. It should install the game, but if it says you need the CD in the drive to play, you&#39;ll have to find a No CD crack (megagames.com should have one).

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Don&#39;t worry, the game sucks (IMO ) I had no troubles burning it onto 2 700mb CD&#39;s... ...waste of two perfectly good cd&#39;s though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12