Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your fastest time?

I think my download rate is possibly the slowest ever and I was just wondering if anyone else has acheived numbers this low.

Fastest upload rate: 22 kb/s
    Fastest download rate: 10 kb/s

I use Bitornado. I tried utorrent as well but with the same result. If this is as fast as they go, someone needs to find a better way.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Those speeds actually look normal for a torrent with only a few seeders.

If the problem persists with alot of seeds, then you way want to check into forwarding your port range, and updating your blocklist manager to PeerGuardian 2, so that your blocklist updates itself, rather than possibly having more legitimate IP's blocked than necessary.

uTorrent is actually the fastest BT app I've used, so I would suggest using that one.

Quote Originally Posted by isosniper
    If this is as fast as they go, someone needs to find a better way.
    Try looking into our Newsgroups section. You can't get any faster than usenet access without high bandwidth FTP access.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    j0hn's Avatar leet poster BT Rep: +1
    if u get slow speeds like this on larger, well seeded torrents, then ur isp may be traffic shaping bittorrent use (limiting ur connection on this).
    use a client like µtorrent 1.5 and enable the encryption, this seems to pass isp traffic shaping.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    not sure if you considered this, but aside from traffic shaping if you're using a router you may not have the correct ports forwarded and that'll give you the slow speeds.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    yep that right

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    I tried Utorrent again today and had better results, still not as fast as I would like but the numbers looked like this.

Fastest download: 43 kb/s that I saw
    Fastest Upload: 45 kb/s that I saw

Now It was a different file so the seeds could have been better but I'm not sure what is causing the speed differences.

Edited for spelling mistake:

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I still think you need to look into forwarding your port range...
    {I}{K}{E} posted a great guide for "Solving Slow Bittorrent Speeds".

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    deuce6000's Avatar Go Giants!! BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    What kind of connection to the internet do you have.Up and down speeds that your internet company told you?

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    hmm strange, how many seeds and peers were on the torrent? ratio?

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Vash21's Avatar king of the n00bs
    my highest download is 250 kb/s
    upload probably alot higher

i have high speed cable, utorrent and it had like 30+ seeds connected if u r that low it could be any number of problems
    ports, internet connection, bandwidth being taken up by other things, if you r running other programs like p2p it will slow it down

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast