Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    does anyone get ffdshow problems while playing this game? i'm sure it's taking up my resources while i'm playing the game. when i quit there are like 25+ ffdshow icons in my systray. wtf? if i scroll over them with my mouse they all go away without me having to close them manually. pretty gay. this game is the only game that does this. someone else having this prob?

also, i have a question about stealing. what does it do to you if u get caught? i know u can go to jail or pay a fine, but does it hurt ur stats or game later on or something? i was just stealing shit for the hell of it and stole a lot of shit, then a guard shows up and wants me to pay a fine or go to jail. i just restarted from my last save so i wouldn't have to pay or go to jail. i lost nothing, but didn't want to pay or go to jail. if u steal some things and leave town is it like u never stole anything at all? can u wait a couple of days? or does the game remember and the guards catch up with u later anyway?

lol, lastely... i'm still pretty much at the beginning of the game. i've started over 3 times just to get my character where i want him. anyway, what's the best way to lvl up? just use ur major skillz until it says ur do for a lvl up and then go sleep? go around and explore caves? do the major quest? lol, pftt, my first elder scrolls and first person rpg. not sure about this yet... thx!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

2. Games   -   #92
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    if you steal shit and get caught you go to jail and lose statz

i usually hide stuff in random barres around the place and use the food straight away. that way i know i can'tget caught with it

3. Games   -   #93
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    if you steal shit and get caught you go to jail and lose statz

i usually hide stuff in random barres around the place and use the food straight away. that way i know i can'tget caught with it
    Unfortunately the game world resets itself occasionally and anything not stored in your own personal storage containers (ie your own house) is lost forever.

4. Games   -   #94
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I've gone mod crazy...

5. Games   -   #95
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    where do you get the mods? and that manager thing?

6. Games   -   #96
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    where do you get the mods? and that manager thing?
    Open the Oblivion launcher, the manager thing is under 'Data Files'.

The mods are from: http://www.tessource.net/files/

But you will need to register.

The pet shop mod I got from here: http://www.proudfootimaging.com/ladye/mods.shtml

7. Games   -   #97
    I'm getting that same problem with ffdshow, I believe there were about 25+ icons launched when I alt+tabed out... oh yea damn game keep crashing when I alt+tab too many times

8. Games   -   #98
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggie2126
    I'm getting that same problem with ffdshow, I believe there were about 25+ icons launched when I alt+tabed out... oh yea damn game keep crashing when I alt+tab too many times
    either not too many ppl read this thread anymore or not one has this prob but me and u...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

9. Games   -   #99
    Poster
    Try uninstalling ffdshow and then try and then reinstall fddshow and try again.

Or disable all the startup videos for Oblivion and see if that fixes it.

10. Games   -   #100
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    This game takes too long to load! Haha. I need more ram! I only have 512 ram, and my x300 isnt cutting it. Thank god I have a p4 3ghz though. With morrowind everything would load in like a split second, now it takes forever!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast