Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls Oblivion

Poster
    Everybody get on newsgroups and max out your connections... Let the leechers leech and you get on playing.

2. Games   -   #42
    ahctlucabbuS's Avatar <
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Fucking good game. I have all the settings at max, slows down a lot when you're being attacked by more than a couple of enemies (outside being the worst for this).

I killed a sheep, was arrested for it and sent to jail. I then started a fight with a fellow inmate and made my escape when the guard opened the door to break up the fight. With only the shirt on my back I made my way out of town and stole a horse which I rode off a cliff. Good game.

Edit: Yeah, it takes a while before you get out of that GTA-esque "killing spree" type mood.
    My redguard thief pussy'd out on the sheep. I mean, it just stood there bleeding while I kept pounding my sword at it... Atleast have the decency to flee!

The game is holding up so far, it's easy to get caught up in the numerous side quests while ignoring the whole oblivion issue. Also, the game runs pretty much flawless at high on a mid/high system.

3. Games   -   #43
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    saw some footage of the game being played, looked intresting, never really got into games like that, but may give that one a try.

4. Games   -   #44
    Anyone know how well it runs on the xbox? I'm picking it up on Friday and a few people are complaining about it on other forums.

Also, this might interest some people (check the news item at the bottom of the page).

5. Games   -   #45
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick Phlegm
    Anyone know how well it runs on the xbox? I'm picking it up on Friday and a few people are complaining about it on other forums.
    I don't think it runs very well at all on the xbox. Probably better off using a 360 or PC. The 360 has some minor issues I've read about, but there is a fix for it (something about hard drives and fragmentation). I've also heard about some slowdown with multiple enemies on the screen (something I get with my high-end system as well).

Can a person with a 360 hard drive download a patch? I know that Bethesda will be making some official mods available for download, so it stands to reason (at least in my mind) that a patch could be made for 360 problems.

6. Games   -   #46
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese
    Can a person with a 360 hard drive download a patch?
    yes.

also, i bought elder scrolls 4 for $37.99 on pc. good stuff!
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503

7. Games   -   #47
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    This game is my crack. THe game runs flawless on the 360 although u gotta pay $60 for this game it's so worth it. I skipped school just to play this game and I ended up playing all day (I've only skipped 2 or 3 days of school all year...). There's so much shit to do in this game.

8. Games   -   #48
    Debaser
    Yup, been looking forward to this one, here's hoping it runs on my pos video card.

9. Games   -   #49
    Amazing game. I've been following this for a while now. And it is dling damn slow (at 16% now). Hope I get it fast...
    Hope it works on my rig...

10. Games   -   #50
    ApacNTS's Avatar Helljumper
    heh to skip a day of school for a game, it's got to be amazing. course i have wanted to call out of work for a game i just couldnt wait to beat, but never took it to that extreme.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast