View Poll Results: How would you rate it

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comedy Genius

7 53.85%
  • Very Good, I'd go out my way to see it.

2 15.38%
  • It's OK, I'll watch it if it's on

1 7.69%
  • Not very good, I wouldn't bother

1 7.69%
  • Hyped-up Pish

0 0%
  • Other, Please discuss.

2 15.38%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Office

manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillaume
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Ricky Gervais just decided that he couldn't make another series as funny as the previous two and it would be better to stop.
    Speaking about that guy, what of Extras? Is it any good?
    Sucks bawls, according to my mates who've watched it.

I never take any notice of them because none of them like sci-fi, however
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

2. Lounge   -   #12
    DorisInsinuate's Avatar Four Star Cynic
    Ricky Gervais just decided that he couldn't make another series as funny as the previous two and it would be better to stop.
    It rawkz00rz, is the phrase I think Mulcadia would use

I actually haven't watched The Office, either version. I only watched the Christmas special ones.
    It's hot in Topeka.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i think that both versions are a bag of wank

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Extras is even worse

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    It's weird though that the brat version went only 2 short seasons but was a hit over there.
    It's not really that weird.

Most of the very best UK comedy shows are only a few seasons long - so they don't get stale. The writers dictate to the network, not vice-versa.

That makes sense. I remember The Cosby Show went on strong for 8 24-epsiode seasons then Bill Cosby called it quits 'cause he wanted the show to end on top.

Over here, if a show is hit, the network will try to milk it. Usually they don't get stale too soon if the show was a hit to begin with. X-Files was still got decent rating even after Mulder left but of course it last long.

I'd be pissed if a hit show just up and stopped after 2 seasons.

I wouldn't have The Shield (5th season), BSG (going into it's 3rd season), Stargate SG-1 (going into it's 10th season), 24 (5th season), and Babylon 5 (5 seasons).

I hate FOX for not picking up John Doe for a 2nd season (download it, you'll like it) but it might have started at the wrong time. It has Dominic Purcell from Prison Break. I didn't really watch Firefly that much 'cause I didn't have time.

Writers have as much control as the contract stipulates. I'm surprised Dave Chappelle has not been sued by Comedy Central. They probably rather have him back and happy.

I had high hopes for Extras. It was the exact opposite of The Office (American). I watch one episode and thought it was good then was bored to tears on some of the subsequent ones.

HBO is bringing the second season over here and I'm like, "Why?". It sucks.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I'm looking for another series to download, I'll take a look at John Doe. Thanks.

I'm watching Supernatural at the moment, it's pretty funny but so very silly. The missus seems to like it and I can tolerate it so I guess I'll carry on

I was gonna start watching Millennium but the sound codec used in series one that I downloaded recently isn't compatible with any of my three DivX players and I'm fooked if I'm watching it on the PC.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by brotherdoobie
    JPaul,I agree. While the American version seems like a faithfull copy on paper it doesn't play out the same way on the screen. Which is great...the show is much better when it strives for originality and doesn't try to be a carbon copy of the original.

Peace bd
    I think the point made earlier is a good one. The US version has a sitcom feel, whereas the UK one has more a "fly on the wall" feel.

The initial "copies" were OK, but since it has been using new scripts the US version has become a good quality American sitcom. I download it as soon as possible and watch them. It's something I actually look forward to getting.

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Just finished rewatching Dark Angel season 1, not as good as I remember it to be, but still the pwnage. Season 1 pwns anyway, season two just got shite with Joshua the talking man dog, and with episodes where freeing mermaid people was the main plot

shame it got canceled rly, but it did get canceled so that FireFly could have its money. that turned out well didn't it.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    I was gonna start watching Millennium but the sound codec used in series one that I downloaded recently isn't compatible with any of my three DivX players and I'm fooked if I'm watching it on the PC.
    the offers still open ftw

10. Lounge   -   #20
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    I liked extras, however I've been a fan of Ricky Gervaias since he appeared on the 11:00 O'Clock show.

I think his stand up is laugh out loud funny. Not many comedians do that for me.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast