View Poll Results: How would you rate it

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Comedy Genius

7 53.85%
  • Very Good, I'd go out my way to see it.

2 15.38%
  • It's OK, I'll watch it if it's on

1 7.69%
  • Not very good, I wouldn't bother

1 7.69%
  • Hyped-up Pish

0 0%
  • Other, Please discuss.

2 15.38%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: The Office

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Yeah I bought that too, I liked it but not as much as X-Files or MillenniuM, another good show cut short

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    Yeah I bought that too, I liked it but not as much as X-Files or MillenniuM, another good show cut short
    1 season of Matrix-loike story.

There's some others that were aiight.

G vs.E (Good vs. Evil)
    Invisible Man
    Dark Skies - hated it at first, loved it later.

You ever watch B5?
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-21-2006 at 09:18 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #43
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    The X-Files is one of those really strange things for me. Whenever I watched it I really enjoyed it. However I never made a point of sitting down to watch it.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

G vs.E (Good vs. Evil)
    Invisible Man

You ever watch B5?
    i never got into B5 properly but probably will one day, dark skies however i watched and liked, bit of an x-file rip off but good none the less

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    The X-Files is one of those really strange things for me. Whenever I watched it I really enjoyed it. However I never made a point of sitting down to watch it.
    yeah i think i read somewhere that people who don't like the x-files are fags? you better watch it asap

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    yeah i think i read somewhere that people who don't like the x-files are fags? you better watch it asap
    I really like it, I just never bothered to watch it when it was on. I could never understand why.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

G vs.E (Good vs. Evil)
    Invisible Man

You ever watch B5?
    i never got into B5 properly but probably will one day, dark skies however i watched and liked, bit of an x-file rip off but good none the less
    Yeah I thought B5 was a DS9 rip-off and found out it was just the opposite.

DS9 and B5 were both incarnation of previous failed space stations.

They both were right next to wormholes (the story behind B5's is better)

They both had a 2 warring factions, one occupying the other and humans were neutral as was the space station.
    DS9 - Cardassians and Bajorians
    B5 - Centauri and Narn

DS9 had many writers which resulted in some 3 episode story arcs. B5 had one which resulted in a 5 season 4 movie story arc (22 epsiodes each season) and I have never writing for a sci-fi series even come close to it. The story rivals Star Wars.

B5 had mystery as to who or what the villains were. It had folks the you'll see in the first episode leave then come back like it was meant to be that way instead of "hey lets bring her back for a cameo." A Psi-Corp lady on the pilot left, the ship gets another Psi-Corp lady, then two or three seasons later that same lady from pilot comes back for the rest of the series. The also leads nicely into it's spin-off, The Crusade. You wonder why The Apocalypse Box speaks to the commander and what is it telling him "'cause sometimes it lies." The Crusade series, however, wasn't as good.

You'll find a few familiar faces though. Chekov from Star Trek gets a regular spot on B5 and Jin from Lost is part of Crusade (Psi-Corps).
    Last edited by Busyman; 03-21-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Fuck, all this talk and me slapping B5 balls, I have never watched it on my big screen with surround sound.

I only watched it at my old house on a futon in the basement office and viewing a 19" screen.

I think it's time for me to watch it all over again...in pseudo-HD too. I bought DVDs and never opened them.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #49
    So far no-one has chosen "Hyped Up Pish" which pleases me greatly.

@ Lurkers, why don't you cast a vote. You don't have to post or anything if you don't want to.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    The Christmas Specials were a brilliant culmination of two series of first-rate comedy.

Doing a third series would have been a mistake. You can flog comedy to death, look at Alan Partridge, that was one series too many.

I couldn't really get into the American Office, the only episode I liked was the basketball one, that made me glag actually. The difference between the American Office and the original British Office was Ricky Gervais. He gave the impression of not having to act the part, which made it all the more authentic, whereas his American counterpart (sorry, don't know his name) appeared to be acting the part up too much.

I guess it works over there as a standard US sit-com though.

Extras was quite funny I thought, it had a good combination of the laughs and cringes, I'm looking forward to future series'. Again, it wouldn't have worked without Ricky Gervais as the driving force.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast