Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here ever done an essay on ancient Egypt?

hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCanuk
    Thanks for the site HC, I honestly just dont want to do this, I cant modivate myself.

I hate when teachers assign stuff over march break, they know damn well nobodys gonna start anything.
    np...how ancient are you looking at? Did your teacher give you a timeline?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    What do you mean?

Im talking like from the time they started till it fell. Just gotta write a 3 point thesis essay on it.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    What do you mean?

Im talking like from the time they started till it fell. Just gotta write a 3 point thesis essay on it.
    Well, it wasn't all hearts and flowers - it pretty much went to shit after the 20th Dynasty.

Hippychick wanted to know which particular era you wanted information on.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    hippychick's Avatar Memo, what memo? BT Rep: +5
    I was thinking you had to write an essay more on the Pharoahs and thier reign...Thier the ones that made ancient Egypt succeed.
    Up until the greeks and romans took over as Pharoahs. i.e Cleopatra
    http://www.answers.com/main/ntquery?...ktext=Pharaohs

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ah, dosnt matter really, I would guess the era's where they were sucessful and prosperous in.

Mabye some hints on why a strong economy, the nile, the geography of the place and the military made them sucessful(to prove my thesis statement).

Although its a 3 point essay, I still wana make sure I pick the one with the most info. Hell, even a website with hints on this stuff would be nice.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Ah, dosnt matter really, I would guess the era's where they were sucessful and prosperous in.

Mabye some hints on why a strong economy, the nile, the geography of the place and the military made them sucessful(to prove my thesis statement).

Although its a 3 point essay, I still wana make sure I pick the one with the most info. Hell, even a website with hints on this stuff would be nice.
    Sorry if I've misread this. However wouldn't reading the evidence then drawing a conclusion from it be better than deciding on a conclusion and seeking evidence to support it.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Okay, I think the pharoahs are going to be a part in my essay. I was thinking about talking about Ramesses the great, Cleopatra VII and Khufu(for building the pyramid)

As for the other two topics. What could I discuss if I decieded to talk about their economy and the nile(fertile land, trade, transportation?)

8. Lounge   -   #18
    When you think of Egypt, you think of the Great Pyramids, Hieroglyphs and the Nile. Ancient Egypt was arguably the most influential society in the ancient world. They invented the calendar, the medical profession and had skilled trades. For a civilization that lived thousands of years ago, they had a lot going for them. But what made them so great? This can’t be answered with one thing, there were many. The Pharaohs in ancient Egypt were only the supreme leaders, but they where also gods. Legends of great things done by these Pharaohs still exist today. The legend of the battle of Kadesh in which Ramesses the great lead 6 chariot passes against a army that outnumbered his army greatly still exists. A strong leader made the society, when Akhenaten came into power the society was broken. It was the leaders that made Egypt great. The Nile also played a big role in the success of Egypt. It provided easy transportation, fertile land and eventually leads to trading expeditions to further Egypt’s wealth.
    Yeah right now i know its horrible grammer and a overall poor introductory but im tired.

I need a last point before I go to school tommorow. If someone could offer a good one that would make my life easier.

Thanks.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Did an essay on Ancient Egyptian Counting Systems as part of my thesis, if that's any help

10. Lounge   -   #20
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Egypt was so successful because they buried the stargate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast