Thread: Verizon..

I use this ISP, ive heard talk that stuff is going down with them and people using P2P,can anyone fill me in? How serious is this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Take a casual stroll through the Filesharing forum and decide for yourself.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by ljossberir@24 April 2003 - 15:18
    I use this ISP, ive heard talk that stuff is going down with them and people using P2P,can anyone fill me in? How serious is this?
    There will always be efforts to foil piracy and filesharing. Clocker and I have been exploring the issue with some of our "friends from the UK." Basically, unless you are profiting from the sharing, you are reasonably safe, though there is no guarantee.
    Proud member of MDS

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    This story came out today. Be very careful using Kazaa with Verizon as your ISP.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by harrycary@25 April 2003 - 00:24
    This story came out today. Be very careful using Kazaa with Verizon as your ISP.
    The article also said they are appealing the case again. The names still have yet to be revealed. Nothing has changed since yesterday. No information has changed hands.
    Proud member of MDS

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    but if you are only a typical filesharer, not a major network,will they go after you?
    im worried now.
    why are they targetting verizon so strongly?
    Plus, it seems verizon is doing their best to defend its users, im glad.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    The dude on verizon downlaoded 600 songs in one day. Bit extreme. I did it once but how the fuck would they know you even got that many songs in one day? Anyway just use peer guardian and privacy on. If someone thinks you're a leech they'll most likely ask before they cut you or you can just tell them to search for a paticular thing only you have. Anyway share! be cautious and leave it at that. Stopping sharing would be ridiculous. The only way you are in danger even if verizon winds up having to give up this person is if you download 600 songs. Whgo the fuck does that? Admittedly i download that many in one once after finding a list of shit from commercials but that was after this guy got popped so i'm safe.