Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Has The Best

GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    ja, sorry

but srly, everybody hears a voice in their head when they read or write. 'cept you apparently
    Nope, I really don't. If I'm reading a novel I see images in my head, more like watching a movie than listening to something.
    so you're telling me that when you reply to this you can't hear your own voice constructing the sentence in your head?

2. Lounge   -   #12
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by GepperRankins
    Nope, I really don't. If I'm reading a novel I see images in my head, more like watching a movie than listening to something.
    so you're telling me that when you reply to this you can't hear your own voice constructing the sentence in your head?
    With the best will in the World I would not call that a novel.

3. Lounge   -   #13
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Since JP posted that pic of the balding, grinning German eating fish in Aberdeen on a jpeg depicted on an Austrian website, I have to say that I think of him as looking like that chap, rather than Peter Falk.

Which isn't nice
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Since JP posted that pic of the balding, grinning German eating fish in Aberdeen on a jpeg depicted on an Austrian website, I have to say that I think of him as looking like that chap, rather than Peter Falk.

Which isn't nice
    As it happens I look a lot like that chap, so that's probably a good thing.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    manker's Avatar effendi
    That's what I was afraid of - the description you painted of yourself, many moons ago at t'now defunct Moderation II, seemed to describe the chap in the phoatie.

I prefer to think of you as Columbo, thankyouverymuch
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    If I'm reading a novel I see images in my head, more like watching a movie than listening to something.
    rolf
    I mentioned exactly that to someone at work today and received three odd looks from the rest of the office in return.
    When I also said that, generally, people see memories in their mind when they think of them, rather than thinking of the words, I got the distinct impression a couple of people came close to calling the men in white coats.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    If I'm reading a novel I see images in my head, more like watching a movie than listening to something.
    rolf
    I mentioned exactly that to someone at work today and received three odd looks from the rest of the office in return.
    It's because you know how to read properly and they don't. Reading the words in your head is one step up from reading them out loud. Bet if you looked at those people when they were reading their lips would move a wee bit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12