Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help Finding Good Laptop?!

Ok im looking to buy a laptop I want a pretty good one nothing really hightech right now im looking on spending about $1000 i was looking for a loptop with 200some ram,30gig hdd,cd-rw drive/dvd-rom combo does anyone have any links and do u think i could find one for that price???

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    I'm not sure how much a $1000 is because I live in Britain. However, opt for the new Intel Centrino technology, the Acer Travelmate.

It comes with 512 MB of DDR RAM, a 1.6GHz Intel Centrino, 40 GB HDD, DVD-ROM, CD-RW, 64 MB Graphics, Stereo Sound, USB 2.0, FireWire, WLAN, 802.11b WiFi

The above specification isn't entirely accurate, I'm just recalling it from the top of my mind.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I did a search on what you recommended there about $1500 to $1800 so thats out of my price range....

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by freak@24 April 2003 - 21:43
    Ok im looking to buy a laptop I want a pretty good one nothing really hightech right now im looking on spending about $1000 i was looking for a loptop with 200some ram,30gig hdd,cd-rw drive/dvd-rom combo does anyone have any links and do u think i could find one for that price???
    yeah dude, try D E L L it has the best deals and they have good stuff.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    ok i see the base prices but how the hell do i buy them at that price the only thing i see is costimize and i always end up with it costing more and im not sure how????

never mind i figured it out im thinking about a dell but id like to look more before i get one. anyone know a site that has any good deals on sony laptops???

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ok i had a few more ques i'll post them in here instead of makeing a new topic... I noticed most laptops don't have floppy drive why? what if u need a boot disc and i also wanted info on wireless modems how do the work is it an adapter that plugs into the 56k modem already on the computer or do you remove the 56k modem and install it itself?!! sorry to seem like a noob but i've never seen or messed with wireless modems before..

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    hmm can anyone else help with anymore links to some place with good deal or an answer to my ques above

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Well for a good laptop 1000 dollars wont buy much. Try to find a laptop with intel centrino technology and a intel m processor. It performs amazing because it was built for laptops not broken down to fit in laptop. Also it only consumes about 1 watt so it has extended battery life and it has 1mb of L2 cache which is very good and makes it run exceptionally fast.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    I have a place I could recommend to you but they are all refurbs. I have bought'en refurbished stuff all the time and I have never had a problem, but one time I bought a brand new cordless phone and I had nothing but troubles with it so it goes to show you, you never know try www.refurbdepot.com some stuff are a little over priced but Im sure you'll find a good deal there. hope this helps!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast