Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple Rips Into France

4play's Avatar knob jockey
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Sounds people bought the iPod anyway. it does play mp3s, right?
    But they dont sell mp3's they sell aac that can only be played on an ipod. Im never buying an ipod or a song off itunes anyway but the uninformed people that have are now forced to buy an apple product again to play their music when their ipod breaks or becomes obsolete.

Do you know of many legal places to buy music online that will work on all mp3 players? what happens when you get that drm protected cd home and you want to rip it for your ipod.

2. News (Archive)   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    Sounds people bought the iPod anyway. it does play mp3s, right?
    But they dont sell mp3's they sell aac that can only be played on an ipod. Im never buying an ipod or a song off itunes anyway but the uninformed people that have are now forced to buy an apple product again to play their music when their ipod breaks or becomes obsolete.

Do you know of many legal places to buy music online that will work on all mp3 players? what happens when you get that drm protected cd home and you want to rip it for your ipod.
    Can't AACs be converted to mp3s?

If purchased iTunes music can't be converted, it sounds like a disclaimer should be made or....people should stop buying iPod......or people should stop purchasing music from iTunes.

I can't be mad at Apple for having a semi-closed format. That's nothing new.
    That's like when I got pissed way back video tapes started using Macrovision so I couldn't copy. I didn't complain and say it was unfair that the movie comapny used it.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. News (Archive)   -   #13
    GepperRankins's Avatar we want your oil!

the solution is to boycott apple

4. News (Archive)   -   #14
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    yes they can but the drm they use that makes it illegal to do so. I believe dvd jon came up with a simple tool to do it.

the solution is to pass laws like this that prevent companies abusing the laws to prevent competition.

5. News (Archive)   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4play
    yes they can but the drm they use that makes it illegal to do so. I believe dvd jon came up with a simple tool to do it.

the solution is to pass laws like this that prevent companies abusing the laws to prevent competition.
    You don't get it.

Make the market work. Don't buy an iPod. How can you say they prevent competition when their product was that from jump street?

Also when I first heard of the iPod, I knew it as an mp3 player. Don't buy music from iTunes and only use mp3s.

I don't know what the confusion is. I wouldn't download a Mac program then complain afterwards that I can't install it in Windows.

Ya don't pass laws for shit like that. Let the market work and stop interfering.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12