Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An Idea For Musicworld

Now we have a big(ish) community of music lovers, i think its time we showed off our collections. I dont mean post endless streams of hashes in the verifieds od the can, i mean properly. I propose that everyone who wants to get involved should get a copy off Orange CD from (i think) www.firetongue.com. i know this isnt free, but you only really have to use it once in the trial period, so that shouldnt be a problem. Then, import all your MP3'z into Orange CD, including album covers (if you have them). Orange CD then has an option to automatically create a web-page, listing your entire collection. If everyone then submits these webpages to a free webspace host, and we can design a home page with links to each users collection, this will make everything a lot clearer, and will increase the share-ability of everyones files. No-one like reading through long lists of hashes or folder trees on soulseek. With this method you can instantly view the entire collection...maybe a search function could be implemented..who knows. Anyone who is interested in helping get this set up, please reply here. I think somone with web hosting knowledge is needed, or an html wiz. Also welcome to any and all criticisms you may have, as im sure i will have not thought all this through... . anyway, thank you for taking time to read this

2. Music   -   #2
    TY Carbert.

As everybody knows I have been posting about this program and working with others on it.Hell I have it in my signature on here.

We have a theme now that has the Kazaa Logo on the start page of the program that links to peoples collections and this forum.

Me and a few others have already been working on all these ideas.The more Members and people we get the better.

3. Music   -   #3
    dammit...looks like no-one cares

4. Music   -   #4
    Originally posted by carbert@25 April 2003 - 10:46
    OrangeCD is a music collection manager, designed to meet requests of serious music collectors.The amatuers are the ones that don't care.

5. Music   -   #5
    Luca_Snipes's Avatar Poster

good idea, as MW said, there has been some work going on this sort of idea for awhile, and come 10th May I'm free and will be customising things greatly for the Advance Web site template (and i hope someone likes what i do )

and we do care!

6. Music   -   #6
    comforting

7. Music   -   #7
    porkshit
    great idea i just finished tagging all my mp3's last night and will now be importing them all into OrangeCd. ogh and by the way does anyone have covers for the Thrice Albums??

8. Music   -   #8
    Originally posted by MusicWorld+25 April 2003 - 09:49--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MusicWorld @ 25 April 2003 - 09:49)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--carbert@25 April 2003 - 10:46
    OrangeCD is a music collection manager, designed to meet requests of serious music collectors.The amatuers are the ones that don&#39;t care. [/b][/quote]

WHAT ?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; Orange CD is for serious collectors ??? ..you must be kidding, right ?

9. Music   -   #9
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by archiemason+17 May 2003 - 17:53--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (archiemason @ 17 May 2003 - 17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -MusicWorld@25 April 2003 - 09:49
    <!--QuoteBegin--carbert
    @25 April 2003 - 10:46

OrangeCD is a music collection manager, designed to meet requests of serious music collectors.The amatuers are the ones that don&#39;t care.
    WHAT ?&#33;?&#33;?&#33; Orange CD is for serious collectors ??? ..you must be kidding, right ? [/b][/quote]
    Who are you anyway NOOB.If you do not like it then don&#39;t use it.When you have been here awhile then you can call us out.But right now you the new fish.So watch that ASS boy&#33;

10. Music   -   #10
    porkshit
    WHAT ?&#33;?&#33;?&#33;&nbsp; Orange CD is for serious collectors ??? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; ..you must be kidding, right ?&nbsp; &nbsp;
    what the fuck is wrong with you? do you have some kind of mental problem?? geez i msorry but some people are real STUPID

EDIT: sorry fc iwasnt flaming you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast