Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Someone should make a guide on requesting uploads

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I think someone on the forum, that knows what they're talking about when it comes to news groups, should make a guide on how to request things to be uploaded on newsgroups.
    Different methods, step-by-step, etc.

I'm sure it would be useful to a lot of people, I know that I for one don't know that much about requesting things so that's atleast 1 person who'd find it useful.

Who's up to the task?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    Guyanese_Bai
    wow there are ways to request stuff to be uploaded on newsgroups? i would love that too, theres so many movies im looking for that are older i wish i could have right now lolz. Yes that would be useful for me too

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    join these channels on irc.efnet.org
    and add this request command to the room
    more info here http://www.alt-bin.com/index.php?pg=cmd

======================================================

-addreq (full|part) (# of files) (Item Description be specific) - Adds a Request to Dbase
    Description means to include the TITLE and ACTUAL FILENAME you want !

======================================================
    rooms # on efnet
    [11:06] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.cd.image for PC related requests
    [11:06] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.cbts for Computer Based Training related requests
    [11:06] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.cd.image.gamecube for Gamecube related requests
    [11:06] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.cd.image.playstation2.dvdiso for Playstation (Two) requests
    [11:06] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.dvd for DVD related requests
    [11:07] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.movies.divx for DiVX or XViD related MOVIE requests ONLY
    [11:07] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.complete_cd for mp3 related requests
    [11:07] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.svcd for SVCD related MOVIE requests
    [11:07] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.tvseries for TV related requests
    [11:07] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.dvd.image for PC related DVD requests
    [11:07] <bins-ronx> Join #alt.binaries.warez for 0-Day requests

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Guyanese_Bai
    kool thanks

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Is there a place on the forums where people can request stuff to be uploaded, I finally got PP out of my school's firewall and have peaked at about a 500-600KBps upload and am more than willing to start posting the nzb's here after I upload to the news serverbut it would be nice to fill some requests for fellow FST users.
    Any Idea's?
    As for the standard way of requesting uploads its different in everynewsgroup as is the posting guidlines differ from newsgroup to newsgroup, you would have to read the FAQ for that particular group so you won't piss anyone off.
    Last edited by Master$hake; 04-14-2006 at 04:35 AM.
    Customer: "I want to download the Internet. Do I need a bigger hard disk?"

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Master$hake
    Is there a place on the forums where people can request stuff to be uploaded, I finally got PP out of my school's firewall and have peaked at about a 500-600KBps upload and am more than willing to start posting the nzb's here after I upload to the news serverbut it would be nice to fill some requests for fellow FST users.
    Any Idea's?
    As for the standard way of requesting uploads its different in everynewsgroup as is the posting guidlines differ from newsgroup to newsgroup, you would have to read the FAQ for that particular group so you won't piss anyone off.
    I like that idea

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    How do i request a mp3 album?

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    We don't provide the material here, we just help point you in the right direction and give any help with programs that you might need.

https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=89845
    Last edited by Skizo; 05-19-2006 at 11:23 PM.

yo

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    You may want to post to someplace like alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.requests

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    How do you actually post tho? can you do it with grabbit?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast