Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: 99% Of The People Here Are Lying!

Poster
    Originally posted by stg1123@29 April 2003 - 01:07
    Silence from the forum, clearly the truth hurts.
    Good point, well presented. Unfortunately wrong.

Clearly the forum thinks you are boring.

2. Lounge   -   #42
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    TSIF Just my point it isn't. If one sees themselves in this tain't my fault. I make a relevant observation to the filesharing community. It is then downgraded (after 5 days in filesharing where it belongs) to the expletive deleted lounge!

3. Lounge   -   #43
    imported_stg1123
    1: Punks belong in the lounge.
    2: JmiF why are you joining in? Are you not going to give us any reasons why I am wrong. If I remember correctly from my youth Bullies always say very little very loudly.
    PunkS

4. Lounge   -   #44
    imported_stg1123
    zapjb I am sorry for you that your post was taken over by punks who unfortunately picked the wrong guy to use as an example for your clearly relevant topic opener. Be well.
    (that last comment was meant for non punks. All punks can go rot in hell) B)

5. Lounge   -   #45
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    NP it's only the internet.

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    yea, u dont see people with 8,000+ posts sayin...oh i got caught (unless they really did all the sudden, like they were the first person caught&#33

7. Lounge   -   #47
    99% of the posts by people here saying they got caught by their isp or riaa or whomever are full of shit! BS BS BS! Notice the improper grammar & ludicrous claims. Also nay hardly a one of TSIF posters has a 100+ post count. Indeed the vast majority of the posters have less than 20 posts. They're either idiots or punks or riaa scum. Had to get this out. Whew.
    I agree with you and Yet, your repeating what I and many others before said, people who got "caught" they either new registered users or unregistered users...Some talk about how bad everything turns out and what the RIAA did to them and such....others copy and paste a letter of proof, as if this can't be faked; and their are many other cases of how they always try to find new ways to say something that will scary people and they want that... because fear is good to spread around, understand?

well anyway, best thing to do is either ignore them or have the admins delete their post if they feel the post is either looks fake or simply it was already been repeated before by others...this wont stop untill they stop us.

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF@28 April 2003 - 21:21
    The whole point of these tactics is to spread fear, doubt, misinformation and discord.

That is easier than trying to prosecute or sue anyone.

These people, or more importanly those they employ are not stupid. They would not only post as newbies. They would also place sleepers within the board. Who if anything are dead against the people who wish to stop sharing, or at least appear to be.

They would spend some time building up post counts and gaining trust. They would start threads and argue with each other in order to create points for normal members to join in with. Seeking alliances from existing members and gaining credibility that way.

Remember they could be working on loads of different forums at the same time. Building up credibility, don't think that when you see a name it is always the same person at the keyboard typing. That's why it's easier to do this if you use a distinctive style of writing. People just assume it is the same person, because the name and style are the same.

They would also create several characters on the board at the same time. See who was succesful, keep them and dump the failures. Maybe that's why there are a lot of posters who only get to 10 or so.

They would make posts like this one. Or scribblec's earlier post.

Unless you know a person IRL you don't know them here and you never will.

If you've bothered to read this, how is your sense of doubt now
    Sorry to quote myself. However apparently (stg123) I am a bully who doesn't say very much and does it loudly.

The above is therefore a very verbose silence.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    This seems to be getting a little out of hand. While I personally have no doubt that the RIAA is looking at the forums I do not believe they are actively acting against us. I find that generally, society is dumber than the criminal element for the reason that they have never had to use their brains, though now that the idea has been mentioned doubtlessly someone is going to try it. The point is that someone with low postings is not necessarily an infiltrator, they most likely have a good reason. What I would like to see is some proof that I can check myself to show that someone is or is not the enemy.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Unfortunately the letter that stg1123 posted IS NOT a hoax. If you do search in Google you'll find it's been going out to a great many ISP's. Here's a few examples:

ResNet

Utah State University

Hollywood muscles Australian ISPs over piracy news article

MP3 is not a crime.org

ZD Net

The company behind it all is MediaForce and they are trading in what can only be described as stealth mode, as their website has been removed from the public arena. Why they've done this is anyone's guess.

It's been mentioned why it's only newcomers that seem to be getting burned by this. I would have thought that anyone who's familiar with peer2peer networks, or anyone who's spent the time to read the relevent articles on this forum will have already protected themselves with Peer Guardian or changed their downloading habits. Thus minimising their exposure to this type of attack. Those of us that are sharing a lot of material don't do so without at least a firewall, or Socks5, or changing the port that we connect on. Where as the typical newcomer will go blindly onto Kazaa without any protect and then wonder why or how they've been caught.

For more information on what's real and what's fake, for facts and news, then give this site a try.

Boycott RIAA

Foot Note,
    I think some of you here owe stg1123 an apology.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345