Thread: replace ipod

Poster
    i currently have have 20 gig color ipod (not video) and it is still under the 1 year warrenty. if it would get replaced under the warenty would i get the new video ipod? i called apple and they said i would get another ipod color but they dont make them anymore so i think that was a lie. the warrenty doesnt cover physical damage (ex. droping it on accident) and if they see proof of it they wont chnage it. what ways are there to ruin the ipod so that it will get replaced without showing physical damage? i was thinking of putting a strong magnet to the back of it, but i wanted to make sure that they will cover the insides of the ipod "malfunctioning". any other ideas of how to ruin it w/o showing physical damage? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    is it a manufacturer warrenty, or a store warrenty? because if it like a bestbuy warrenty youcan say it wont let me transfer music or something, and then they would replace it, normally give you another ipod photo (im sure thats what you were refferring to) but since they took those off there shelves you will get an ipod video, im master in the art of scamming for warrenties...
    anytime i go to my bestbuy, i take my phone and say its not working, gone through about 6 and its only been 4 months

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    its the 1 year waranty that comes with the ipod. i didnt get it from bestbuy though, i got it from ther apple store. wouldnt apple check that it wont transfer music before the give you a new one?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Please don't do it.

I really feel like insulting you right now but I won't.

We all end up paying higher prices because of nice people like you.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    suprafreak6's Avatar Suprafreak6 is Back!
    oh, well if it was a bestbuy warrenty it would work... sorry bout how this effected you