Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Arsenal!

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    I admit, rubgy league is a far faster game than rugby union, which is very stop/start with all that scrummage and lineouts and falling over and things.
    Yeah, but not as slow as football, like I pointed out. With the stopping and the chatting and the flags and the falling into a big pile.

2. Sports Club   -   #32
    Busyman™'s Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carcinus
    I admit, rubgy league is a far faster game than rugby union, which is very stop/start with all that scrummage and lineouts and falling over and things.
    Yeah I wish I could see more rugby league games over here. I get mostly IRB Sevens Rugby Union (I like it 'cause I can watch it in short time).

The game is full of anarchy but it's nice and fast. I hate how they tackle but love it when there's a break away.

It seems like if tackle too hard that there's a flag. It also seems like you almost have to allow a tackled player's teammate to get the ball (I know that's not true). There isn't a lot of finesse to the game but it's very entertaining.

3. Sports Club   -   #33
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Why comment on the rules of a game when you're totally ignorant of them. Isn't it easier to ask the question rather than to be continually contradicted.

The tackler must not restrain the tackled player after the tackle, therefore he is not allowed to stop the tackled player's team mates getting the ball - the only way he can do this is turn the tackled guy during the tackle to be facing his own, onrushing, team-mates such that they can procure the ball.

This is different to 13-a-side rugby but allows second phase ball and makes the overall game more continuous.

There is a tremendous amount of finesse involved in rugby but this won't be visible if you've only watched a few games.

The reason you got to see Sevens is because the tour was in LA for a couple of days in February. I don't watch a lot of it, it's good but reminds me of a watching a film after you've read the book
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Sports Club   -   #34
    I used to watch a lot of American Football and whilst not being an expert, far from it, I am sufficiently au fait with the rules to both enjoy the game and comment on it.

5. Sports Club   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    I used to watch a lot of American Football and whilst not being an expert, far from it, I am sufficiently au fait with the rules to both enjoy the game and comment on it.
    The relevance of your point escapes me.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

6. Sports Club   -   #36
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    The relevance of your point escapes me.
    Just random posting.

7. Sports Club   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I used to like that sig you had when I joined (about random posts) - it marked you as someone who was rather more intellectual than the self-evident menagerie of lol boys.

Boy, was I a newb back then

8. Sports Club   -   #38
    I used to like that sig you had when I joined (about random posts) - it marked you as someone who was rather more intellectual than the self-evident menagerie of lol boys.

Boy, was I a newb back then

9. Sports Club   -   #39
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Back handed compliments, FTW

10. Sports Club   -   #40
    Back handed compliments, FTW
    It was actually a quote, from The.

So, your impression of me having a vast intellect (true story) was based on me quoting what was to become the board emo.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast